New comp. Need advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent gotten my comp yet. Still waiting shipping on these 512mb cards. Is it better to get the 3.8 ghz P4 HT extream? over the 3.0ghz D core?or will time pay off for my CPU and become worth it 6 month to a year from now?

you shuold get a 64 bit processor for 64 bit windows so you wont have to upgrade when the new OS comes in for 64 bits :D

64 bit CPU's will be worth it once they fix all the bugs with the 64 Bit OS's and as soon as there are more games and applications that are 64 bit, then ! it will be worth it.

I have one so I can upgrade in the future.

Also with my system (Including my 2x 21' monitors) is now over $7000 CDN total with tax and extra warranties etc. Adding another gig of ram might not be possible for awhile. Is this a must do type of thing like my comp will flop if I dont?

Pretty much just wanted to know that since not much takes advantage of the Dual core threading. Did I just pay $410 for pretty much a single 3.0ghz? Or is there other benifites with this CPU type?

why one earth would you need two Geforce 7800 512 cards. That takes up 4 slots I'm to a understanding each card takes 2 slots.

With asus's mothboard design there is plenty of room. and cause then I can run any game on max everything in 16x AA and have no lag? 1280 that is hoping these cards will be able to run everything on at 1600x1200. 32 bit color

Sure I'll agree with you on that I want to run Oblivion on full settings as much as the next guy but $1,600 on video cards I'm sure the money can be better spend on other parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom