New comp. Need advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redspade

Baseband Member
Ok pretty much just built a computer. Before we get into my question YES this is an INTEL system. For all you "Well why didnt you get AMD?" people. I have always found Intel more compatible and better at muilttasking. I have returned 3 AMD chips cause they either blow up or burn out. Not once have Ihad to do this with an intel chip. So That is the reason for my choice.

Now specs go as follows

Pentium D (830) 3.0 ghz Duel core
Asus P5ND2-SLI Deluxe
OCZ Modstream 520 watt PSU
OCZ 1GB DDR2 Duel channel *Gold Edition* ram(667mhz)
2x BFG 512MB Geforce GTX-OC's.(Gonna O/C to 600 core/1800 ram)
2x 120 GB Western Digital 7200 SATA 8MB HDD (Raid 0)
SoundBlaster X-FI

I also wanted to know if my CPU will be enough to power these video cards? I have seen many reviews stating you need a very powerful CPU to push these cards. and since I passed up a 3.8 GHZ P4 Extream HT for this Dual core cpu. I would like to know it can power my cards. Even more so since not alot supports muilt threading CPU's
I am also getting 2x 21" LCD monitors the link to it is there. These should be good enough to run games with no ghosting and blurr's. IF anyone has a reason why they wont please tell me. Spending $2000/CDN for 2 of them (includes an extra 4 year warranty and Monster Gold plated DVI cables etc)

http://accessories.gateway.com/Acce...h+LCD_381955/7005483_proddetail.htm?ref=merch

Wow you really went all out on that one, nice. Well i have that exact same PSU and it performs great, the only problem is that you have 2 7800GTX 512mb, which is the best card out there. I don't think 520W will be enough to power that system. If i were you i'd get a bigger PSU, somewhere around 600W or so, i'll talk to some of the more "PSU experienced" people about that so they can help you. Other than that, you're gonna be VERY satisfied with that system, good choice.

im thinking antec true power 550W power supply or an antec neoHE 550W power supply, or the enermax all in one noise taker like 600W power supply

antec, enermax, OCZ powerstream 600W power supply :shocked:, forton for budget builds,

PZEROFGH said:
im thinking antec true power 550W power supply or an antec neoHE 550W power supply, or the enermax all in one noise taker like 600W power supply

antec, enermax, OCZ powerstream 600W power supply :shocked:, forton for budget builds,

As far as I can tell he already built it.

and He has the OCZ 520 watter, it will be enough, providied he doesn't add a couple more HD's and Fans and other stuff.

"IE is pressing Rape charges against FireFox, As it should."

ROFLMAO sorry that is one of the funniest things I have read in a very long time. Sad aint it :(

and as I said before my hatred of AMD all started with the K6 Chip. Then became greater after my failed attempt to tame the wild wild Athlon (T-bird core). The story didnt have a happy ending. Resulting in thousands of dollars to get new stuff. So my boycott on all things affiliated with AMD remains.

the pent. D just suck cause they have such slow reaction times to each core and what not, where as AMD fixed that problem :D, your processor will most likely bottleneck your video card even if you had an AMD FX-57 :eek:

Yeah, I would recommend going with a 600 W PSU, just in case, those cards are already energy eaters on their own, let a lone two of them will be even more. I also recommend getting another gig of ram to balence that beast out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom