SAPPHIRE Radeon X800XL ULTIMATE(any good)

Status
Not open for further replies.
F**k 3dmark05, thats for ATI fanboys. If you want to benchmark, tell me how you did in 3dmark03 of 01, because those dont have the tremendous favor of ATI like 3dmark05 does. Even better yet, tell us how your card does in real games!

Is it just me or does it seem like the only thing ATI fanboys care about is 3dmark05?

wow alot of people have commented here. Im going to get the video card because it really is a good deal. A lot of people have said I should get a different card instead but im very impatient and dont have the cash right now to get an Nvidia card. Even though I prefer nvidia I still think ATI makes a very good card. Thanx everyone for posting and sharing your knowledge. Thats why I like this forum.

Nissanspecv04 said:
wow alot of people have commented here. Im going to get the video card because it really is a good deal. A lot of people have said I should get a different card instead but im very impatient and dont have the cash right now to get an Nvidia card. Even though I prefer nvidia I still think ATI makes a very good card. Thanx everyone for posting and sharing your knowledge. Thats why I like this forum.

Hey, good luck with your card and stuff, it will be a lot better then the nvidia fanboys make it out to be here.

hold up here guys the x800XL beats the 6800gt
no they dont....as I've said I've got a friend with one watercooled and we've talked about this many many times.

and he got about 5600 in 3dmark05 which to achieve that with a 6800gt you would have to do some crazy overclocking..
6217 is the highest I get in 3dmark05 with a 6800GT dude...and THATs with some pretty good overclocking...getting it to 5600 would mean a little past Ultra speeds which isn't 'crazy overclocking' by any means.

You really don't know the level of these cards obviously.

And with the 6800GS out now, that's all the more reason to not get the X800XL considering it does seem to overclock like a beast and is c heap right now.

hold up here guys the x800XL beats the 6800gt as the x800xt is really beating the 6800gt and as my x850xt is killing the 6800gt and the 6800 ultra
My friend has an X850XT and my 6800GT whoops up on it plus what beed said 3dmark05 is ATI biased and it seems her elately that ATI peeps can only use that as a form of arguement. Besides the bashing between companies i alrady made mention of the fact that he might be impatient and cant get ahold od an Nvidia card and it seems i was right. In any case like i said before it will be a good card and enjoy:)

yea the x800xl is fine but u would be way better off getting teh 6800GS for the same price. I have only ever had 1 desktop and that has a 6600GT so i am not really a fanboy. i am very happy with its performance but i just want the best with my cash. and if i were in ur situation i would get the 6800GS. as with the X800XL overclocking HAHAHAHAHA rofl the X800XL uses a differant core to the XT on the whole so it very rarly reaches that. it uses a 90nm core but it has very very poor overclocking. the 6800GS on the otherhand is a good overclocker and is more than content to run well above stock and at stock it is comperable or better in unbiased games.

P.P. Mguire said:
i alrady made mention of the fact that he might be impatient and cant get ahold od an Nvidia card and it seems i was right. In any case like i said before it will be a good card and enjoy:)

Nvidia has made a mistake by cutting off production of AGP cards in the GeForce 6 range, since a great number of people who would be looking at a GeForce 6 card would still have AGP. Of course its to further promote the SLI concept, but most people, like I said, who buy a GeForce 6 card during these times are not planning on SLI.

look i dont know what system ur friend had the x850xt on but its just a fact that the x850xt will beat the 6800gt. plus im no ati fanboy i dont know whats with u guys in all these wierd phrases and sheet. well my overall performance in gaming?!!! if im getting 6400 in 3dmark05 what do u think it would be? i rape all the games in frame rate. the 6800gt is recomended to play far cry at 1280/1024, that sucks and its frame rate is still minimum of 22. my video card at 1600/1200 2xaa 8xaf still get average 55fps minimum of 35, that there seems to be killing a 6800gt and a 6800 ultra to me dont you think? and dont even bring up doom 3. nobody plays that game maybe 2 years ago they did but everybody knows doom 3 ran great on nvidia, but ati is dropping drivers that run it 30 precent better, and ive hit 24,000 in 3dmark01 and since 03 is really cpu bound and im running a socket a ive only hit 12600, dont get me wrong the 6800gt is a good card i just had to get you straight there, thats no price difference for no reason, the x850xt pe is the best agp card out there and thats all that needs to be said, and i mean best agp card availible stock out of the box, im not talkin about some dude underground with a super nitro w/e big jumbo block on some 6800 ultra, and hes got it at ground breaking speeds

burned-ati said:
if im getting 6400 in 3dmark05 what do u think it would be? i rape all the games in frame rate.

Well, for one thing, your X850XT is a different animal than the X800XL. You can't go on 3dMark05 scores alone, because I got 5500 in 3dMark05 with my X800 Pro and could barely play new DX9 games at a playable framerate. Like I said, 3dMark03 is a much better comparison. As long as you are over 12000, you are doing very well. I got in the high 9000s with my X800 Pro in 3dMark03 dispite getting 5500 in 3dMark05. And the fastest AGP card, the X850XT may be...its still not worth the price though, especially since in shader-intensive DX9 games and in OpenGL, the 6800GT still comes out ahead. In older DX8 games and less intensive DX9 games like Far Cry though, the X850XT has the edge.

For $200, thats a steal. The X800XL preforms exactly the same as a 6800GT, minus shader model 3, but like I said, for $200...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom