Buying a new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwavie

Baseband Member
Hey all, new here and am looking at buying a brand new computer . I found one on dell that im pretty interested in. it has a pentium D 830 dualcore 3GHz 800FSB. heres the link for more details:

http://configure.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=ca&CS=CADHS1&l=en&OC=OCDIM9150_FEAT_CH91WP3

I'll be using it for schooling but also for gaming (not hardcore to the max) and maybe some photoshop. What i wanna know is wether or not this system will be good enough for what im doing? and whats the deal with this pentium D??? Also, some people that i've been talking to say that Dell is a rip off ,, is that true or not ? thanks in advance for any help !

Don

NEVER GET A DELL!!! ITS A RIP OFF!!! BUILD YOUR OWN!!!

ok im done :)

search the forums, and say "dell" ;)

AHH alright i will take your word on it,,,, but now ... what parts will i need if i want something similar to that computer?

Ok basically since you wanted that dell and it costs 1600, this means you have a budget of 1600 USD.

PZERO is really good at building PC's when you have a budget and Im really good at reccomending power supplies so here.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103931
also you don't have to shop just at newegg. Some other sites are
tigerdirect.com
zipzoomfly.com

I also hate to tell you but I must, dude your getting an AMD.

you shuld get a nice dual core AMD which pwns the P D

MSI K8N NEO4-F
X2 3800+
2GB of ram
Antec 500W power supply
6800GS
case is a personally perference
maybe a couple of case fans you know lights and all that snazzy stuff :D
hdd?
OS?
KEYBOARD?
MONITOR?
MOUSE?

oh didn't realize you lived in canada, um that will complicate things some. But. try for that PSU.

or any enermax or forton one.

My budget is about 1600 CAD, unless i made a mistake i think that the website was showing it in CAD. But okay, for Hdd i dont need too much space 80gb would be enough, xp, reg keyboard and optical mouse, 19" flat screen would be something im looking into aswell ,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom