Building a Decent Gaming Computer for under $1,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to shave down the price, you could get a Venice core processor, unless you're set on getting a San Diego. A 3000+ Venice would save you $100, or a 3200+ would save you $80.

Just a thought. :D

yeah i say just get a 3200+ for like 150 no need for the extra cache sense your on a budget ;) DO NOT GET A PSU+ CASE COMBO!! your computer will blow up rofl, dont you see all the bad reviews saying that the case psu was faililing, stick with that case and the forton 450W power supply :D

Does it matter the wattage of the PSU? Like would it be better if it was higher for upgrades later on? It doesnt matter if I go a bit over 800, thats just my goal is $800 I can afford a little more. But this system now. How well can it handle games? I havent really seen much about the Graphic Card like what it can handle game wise. And the only thing that really worries me a little is the Operating Frequency on my processor which is 2.2GHz and I see other AMD only get up to 2.8 and cost in the $1,000 range while Intel has 3.8GHz that are in the $600 range.

EDIT: I see a huge difference in the L1 Cache though.

The Mhz war is over, the speed ratting between AMD and Intel are ranked differently.

Go with that Forton Power supply, It will not fail you.
Wattage only matters to a certain point the real key to power supplies is the quality of thier parts and their efficency.

Never ever use a Cheap no name, generic power supply that comes with a case. ever.

Ok sweet. I think im pretty much done now. About the Video Card though, does that work for the newer top notch games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom