7800Gtx vs my 6800gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm..

Yeah but the 8 series is going to be really pricey..and I think the GTX can hold out for awhile... And I have been having problems running like, bf2 maxed out, or NFS maxed out... Im really worrying about The elder scrolls 4 Oblivion when it comes out...its going to be a graphics hog...so I want the best. so, now what brand... would the evga step up plan apply on the 8 series?

i to am holding out for oblivion, but im confident that its not gonna be the system hog that everyone makes it out to be. I think the 6800gt will go fine. The 8xxx series will be the same price as the 7xxx series is when it first came out.

PanzerKammander said:
Hmm..

Yeah but the 8 series is going to be really pricey..and I think the GTX can hold out for awhile... And I have been having problems running like, bf2 maxed out, or NFS maxed out... Im really worrying about The elder scrolls 4 Oblivion when it comes out...its going to be a graphics hog...so I want the best. so, now what brand... would the evga step up plan apply on the 8 series?
Yes they should.

You can only use thier step up program if you bought your card within 90 days of the exchange.

Ok all i got to say is this lil thingy here aight? For one, the eVGA is the better brand by reviews and by quality. Seriously, if you want warranty then RMA to Newegg ok? Second, if your 6800GT lags on THAT machine w/ max settings then you gotta look into the hardware and software settings. My machine in my sig now (which isnt currently my gaming rig ATM) runs everything fine maxed out pat. SOOO you should have NO problems running that shiz. Now, the 512GTX's price now is the same as what the 8800 (w/e its called) is going to be. So w/ that said if your willing to pay this price on this one then you can wait for the even better card that will kick the ass of Oblivian. Lookin good eh? Either way, if you feel you have the money now and wil have the money later to buy a next gen card then hey wth do i know? Go get em lol.
EDIT:
One more thing, i see you gotta Winfast 6800GT. If im not mistaken its the same one as mine (cept PCI-E) so it should have a massive copper heatsink on it right? Well if it doesn then OC the hell out of that thing.;)

It does have the massive 50lb hunk of copper attached and i do have it oc'd...

i forget the setting but they are up a good bit. Anywho. I still only get like 20 fps with everything maxed on like need for speed most wanted... and bf2 and i can barely make it maxed out, with like like aax2 on...

Which leads me, to maybe purchase a 256mbGTX... It would be not much money for me to part with...but then again, why not go all with another 300 and get the beasty 512? Ah, forget about..Im gonna go flip a coin... * flips coin*

Uhh dude like i said you have a serious conflict somwhere. I play BF2 totaly maxed out w/ 2xAA on my LAN rig (before one) w/ an AthlonXP 2600+ and a FX5700. You should look into your stuff before you go thinking its your video card.

I mean, well, its the fact that im getting alot of artifacts ...but i can play with little lag...pending on server...

Could it be the beta drivers? Ill have to remove those, and throw the certified ones in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom