Blue screen error. Help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightwish

Solid State Member
Whenever I play Call of duty about 30 minutes to an hour into the game my computer flashes a blue screen and then restarts. I disabled the automatic restart and this is what the blue screen says.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message. Disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory otions such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components. Restart your computer, pres F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0XC0000005,0X8059B4B6,0XF497496C,0X00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete

contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

I just bought this computer and it is only 3 days old. Here are the system specs

Windows XP Home
Athlon XP 3200+
Asus A7V600 motherboard
Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 128mb
1024mb RAM

Can anybod help me out? I am not very computer literate so i dont know how to
disable BIOS caching/shadowing as the error messege says. I also downloaded all the windows updates and downloaded the latest video drivers and have Directx 9.0b. Also one of my friends also has this exact same problem and he is also using Windows XP.

I am really desperate, I bought this PC for gaming and I cant even play without getting that error.

Hibernation was already off and all the power settings were at never except the "turn off monitor" which was set to "after 20 min" but i dont see that that would be the problem. That link to microsoft states that it only applys to computers that are expieriencing that specific problem. I dont get and error after changing hardware acceleration. Or the error KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
any more ideas?

Does the Call of Duty website have any updates? Do all the other games Play OK?

For any online game there should be constant updates and this normally happens when you load the game. Double check the Call of Duty website just incase.

Did you buy your pc with the OS on it already? If so, I'd recommend bringing it back to the person who built it while it's under warranty.

If not, then it sounds like you and your friend might have a faulty software. Whether it be the game, the OS or the drivers.

Did your friend get his pc at the same place? Do you both have the same apps and hardware?
Reason why I ask is because it could have been ghosted or cloned and the hardware may not have the correct drivers, hence, supporting maverick_teck's theory.

My friend and I do not have the same computer. His PC is almost 2 years old. We did not buy our computers at the same place. Yes the computer came with an OS already installed. I have downloaded the latest patch for the game. I havent yet tried playing other games but that is what im going to try next.

Ive tried playing other games and they worked fine. I played Diablo II and Warcraft III. Then I tried playing Call of Duty again and got a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error

Wanarp.sys-address F7A70064 base at F7A6E000, Datestamp 3b7d84bb

Please tell me whats going on.

I'd Try to Re-Install the Game & contact the Manufacturer of the game for some additional support if that doesn't fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom