New Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAXIMILIAN

In Runtime
wasup everyone, Im new here. Im in the process of biulding a new pc, I have about 2500 to spend for everything except monitor. I know i want it to be sli, Compatable but for now im only going to buy 1 card. atleast 2gigs of ram and it's going to be liquid cooled. Im using this machine primarally to do 3D editing and virtual art so i need a pc that can handle running many large processes at once. I was told that you gents know the most of anyone around, so here i am. :D Please give me any recomondations you can think of. And if it goes a little over 2500 thats ok.

Peace,
Maximilian

Alrighty sir, first of all, who refered you saying we know more than anyone? (I mean, we do, but I'm wondering who said it).

I don't have time to get you specific part links and prices, but in your case it is obveously going to be a dual cored SLI option.

I would recommend the Highest end AMD X2 in your case, because you have the money and the need from what it sounds like.

You should pick up a motherboard that will support 4x1gig slots of ram that WILL run at 400mhz.

Also, I think 2 gigs of ram would be good for now. Make sure to get some Samsung TCCD chips on the ram (those of you who know.. maybe u could suggest?)

The card.... Get an nVidia 7800GTX for now, and jump into some SLI later like you said. That should bring you probably about 400 short of your quota, thats enough to get two big 250GB seagate 16mb cache SATA harddrives and RAID them for awesome performance.

Thats my take, good luck and I'll check back for more later.

With that budget you could afford 2x 7800ultras 512mb, you wouldnt need to upgrade for years

I think one would work for now , and then i can add another once they get cheaper. right now im just looking for a case and motherboard to get me started. Im thinking asus A8x and some mid or full tower, but i havent found one yet, Does anyone know a good one that i could convert to liquid cooled?

weringo said:
With that budget you could afford 2x 7800ultras 512mb, you wouldnt need to upgrade for years

Why does everyone want those, I think that the 512's are a little overrated. I mean the price/performance ratio is awful.

what would you recomend? And seriously if anyone knows whats up with a good case please tell me. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom