7800Gtx vs my 6800gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanzerKammander

TeH ViZarD
I have been thinking about gettng the 256mb 7800gtx...but, this 512mb has cuaght my eye. I currently have a 6800gt...and its struggling to play the newer games on high, so yea..Should i grab a BFG 7800GTX 512...get a 256? I have the money...but, would it be worth it? I already have a Amd 3700+ Sandy...2 gig of ram.....My psu should be up to snuff, an OCZ Modstream 520w... I dunno? What do you guys think?:D

well if you have the money for i dont c why you shouldnt get the 512mb 7800gtx, i would get evga and not bfg. Evga is just a more reliable brand the BFG.

I got a 7800GT and I love it so far. The 6800GT still does a decent job at newer games even at 1280x1024, but the 7800GT gives a smoothness to them that I could only dream about it before with my X800 Pro. Believe it or not, I play FEAR on my 7800GT just as smooth on 1280x1024 2x AA as my X800 Pro played Half Life 2 on 1024x768 4x AA. 7800GT is definately a good choice, but if you have the money, go for the GTX512. Dont get the 256MB GTX, there isn't good price/performance ratio there.

Hmm.

BFG... Whats wrong with them? I like their heatsink fan combo better than evga...but, i do agree that evga is a better company. Like i have much choice..its bfg which is ok, or xfx which i do not like. I guess ill order one up tonite or tomarrow. ah.. Thanks for the second opinions guys. :)

Dont get the 256MB GTX, there isn't good price/performance ratio there.
Haha, you think the $800 7800Ultra is a good price for the performance? It's nothing more than a tweaked and overclocked 7800GTX with added VRAM...like any other leading edge technology you're paying a huge premium for the absolute best, even though you're paying a huge chunk more than bleeding edge technology for a small margin in performance increase

BFG are a good brand, and go with the 7800GTX with 512 offers more performance and tweeks in its architecture. I think BFG is more british or europe based so doesnt have a world reputation, but thier very good.

Hmm... Once again...Mixed feelings. I think for the benifit of future games, I will most likely get a 7800GTX512mb Which should hold me over for a bit. Its kinda good that they brought this out right as i was about to jump on a 256mb GTX...lol...and I guess ill go BFG..

dude, just overlclock the 6800gt and let that last you a while longer, then get the next gen cards that come out, 8800gtx :)

overclocking the 6800gt will keep you running games smoothly for a while yet, Im having no probs at all :)

Does EVGA offer life time warranty? BFG is just as good, but better because of the warranty. Im no fanboy, but customer support wins out in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom