SAPPHIRE Radeon X800XL ULTIMATE(any good)

Status
Not open for further replies.
X800XL is right on par with a 6800GT depending on what tests you run....it doesn't 'whoop on the 6800GT' at all....My friend in town has an X800XL watercooled, however he doesn't overclock...he just likes it cool...so I can vouche from experience it's not as powerful as you're making it out to be.

I can't vouche for it's OC'ability though as he says "I dont have the money to replace something I break" even though he has watercooling and the knowledge to overclock. Psht, that's what RMAs are for :p

I'd choose the GS over the X800XL but then again I will admit to you I prefer Nvidia....my friend with the X800XL is a hardcore ATI freak and would probably suggest that but MEH, Nvidia all the way :D

well especially a few months ago when the 6800GT was like $350+ and the X800XL was $280 or less then yeah it was a good choice, but now prices have dropped and the 6800GS has been introduced there are better choices.

I don't know how you can be a ATi fan in this day and age, lol. They "play dirty" a lot, it seems.

well apparently both companies lie about SM3 capabilities so go figure there

P.P. Mguire said:
ATI didnt in the last round, but are you saying the X1800XT is lieing about the SM3 capability?

There is one pixel shader test that Nvidia fails, and there is a vertex shader 3.0 test that the ATI cards fail, so while both cards support most of SM3.0, neither are 100% SM3.0 compliant.

hold up here guys the x800XL beats the 6800gt as the x800xt is really beating the 6800gt and as my x850xt is killing the 6800gt and the 6800 ultra

ive gotten a score as high as 6520 in 3dmark05 i dont think ive ever seen 6800t or ultra come anything close to that. but at stable speed i still score 6400

a friend of mine just sold his x800xl so i know how they perform, there not to great at overclocking, even with a zalman vf700cu on there.. the cards core could only push about 430mhz from 400mhz. and the memory reached about 1080mhz from 980mhz, but it was solid stable with drivers, and he got about 5600 in 3dmark05 which to achieve that with a 6800gt you would have to do some crazy overclocking.. and people dont call me some ati fanbody i just go buy what performs for the money. becasue ati has a video card for every kind of gaming u want to do. nvidia its either 6600gt which is decent or 6800gt a little better or pciexpress which im mean the 7800gtx. and thats no selection it all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom