office publisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
TOday i upgraded from office xp to office 2003. We use macros in excel to to certain tasks. One of which is to publish schedules. It use to save the files as with a .htm extension. Now it saves them with a .mht extension and gives us an error message saying: (heidi1 is the name of the worksheet trying to be published)

Cannot create publish html for ... heidi1
check file.... H:\schedulingsystem\publish\current\press\heidi1.html
contact computer support for assistance!

The heidi1.htm is not updated but creates a heidi1.mht file that is current. How do you change the format that it publishes at, or what other things might fix this?

edit:

i found that it saves as these formats:
Hypertext Markup Language (files with an .html, .htm, .mhtml, or .mht extension)

Archived Web Page. When you save a Web page as Web archive, the Web page saves this information in Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension HTML (MHTML) format with a .MHT file extension. All relative links in the Web page are remapped and the embedded content is included in the .MHT file. The absolute references or hyperlinks on the Web page remain unchanged and the .MHT file is viewed using Internet Explorer. Note: This file type can become infected and should be carefully scanned if someone sends you a file with this extension.

Ok that is all understood. The problem is, that just by changing from office xp to office 2003, the format in which it is saved is changed. We did not make any configuration changes, other than the version of office, that would have effected this. Is there a way to change how it is saved? Change it from .mht to .htm?

The publish function is done with a macro, which is kind of like a program within a program. When you hit the publish button, it prints out copies of the report on the printer and publishes the file to location on the network where other employees can then view the file. It also sends out a net send message telling them that it is published.

Now with the new version of office, we get an error, from my above post, and it is saved as a .mht file

you mean get rid of both versions of office then doing an install of office 2003 rather than an upgrade. when i installed 2003 i actually just did the "upgrade" that might work i will have to try it

ended up recreating the file and deleting the old file. Most have been something fudged up with it that the computer did not like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom