Building, how's it look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wil

Solid State Member
Hey guys, it's been a few years since I've built a computer, and I'm not sure that I'm up on my stuff. Does anyone see any problems? Does this look okay?

GENERIC 1GB DDR333 PC2700 Memory

eVGA 6600GT 128MB PCI-Express

GIGABYTE GA-8S661FXM - SIS661 Motherboard - Socket, 775, mATX

INTEL Pentium 4 2.66GHz Processor - Socket 775 533FSB 512K Retail

X-AVIATOR CASE 450W PS WIN BLAC K CP8869

WESTERN DIGITAL 80GB 7200RPM Hard Drive - 2MB Cache, IDE - OEM (WD800BB)

LITEON 52X CD ROM - IDE Black - OEM

thanks guys.

you using the psu that comes with the case?
get an antec or OCZ psu , it will be better

and if you have the money you can always get pc3200 ram instead of 2700

well what are you going to be doing with the computer and how much money do you have? cause i would pick something else

getting a 8MB cache hdd
better processor
better ram
why mATX ?

oh yea baby, time to burn. Don't Use Power Supllies That Come With Cases!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless Its Antec or something...

I will be using this computer mostly for school and gaming.

I want to spend about 800 dollars (the above costs just under 700)

What should I do to make my processer/RAM better?

What's wrong with mATX (I really don't know)?

I will get a better psu.

Thanks!

I think mATX is micro atx, they are smaller boards, you can't expand or upgrade as much and they usally perfrom less because of thier smaller size they have less capacitors on them, micro atx boards do not overclock well.

I guess I should say that I really have little idea what products/names are considered good currently. So the biggest question is how can I make this build better? I have little reason for picking the things that I did, except that they work together.

Im guessing you have a monitor, mouse keyboard? If you do, I would suggest going with a AMD computer ( I mean why go Intel when you can go AMD) And if you only need just the Puter and not those other things, you can build a pretty decent puter for 800.00 if you dont plan on doing any serious gaming or such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom