makeshift thermal paste

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimli of gloin

In Runtime
hey TF..
while cleaning my graphics card from dust i took the heatsink off so i could clean more thoroughly.

in doing this i accidently wiped some of the thermal paste off...now i could go out and buy some for like 4 bux but does any1 know anything that works like thermal paste

ive done a search and some1 has put PVA on there heatsink but o_O...ive also heard about nailpolish...? any help...?
oh yea is this the stuff i want to buy...
http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/437aafaa0a30f198273fc0a87f9c0779/Product/View/N1205

Get some Arctic silver 5. Make sure to clean the old paste off with 90% isopropyl.

apparently toothpaste works better than a lot of thermal pastes out there, HOWEVER....it dries out very quickly of course :p

nail polish can be flammable...wouldn't try that personally

VEGEMITE

VEGEMITE :- The famous Aussie spread! The great Australian icon has been around for more than 80 years. Made in Australia, by Australians and for Australians. One of the world's richest known sources of Vitamin B. 24 million jars are sold each year in supermarkets alone.

"It's an Australian icon," says expat author Kathy Lette. "Right up there with Phar Lap and Thorpedo and Kylie and Kidman."
vegemite_jar.gif

Apparrently this works better than Thermal Paste. On down side, it evaporates too quickly.

DUDE, I rather be safe that sorry. Get down to jaycar and purchase a tube of thermalpaste.

ehhh vegemite.....gross....right up there with scottlands hagas or however it's spelled

vegemite is fair bad when you u have like a spoonfull at once....but thinly spread over a peice of buttered toast taste good...my brother even eats it on crossionts(spelling)

gimli of gloin said:
vegemite is fair bad when you u have like a spoonfull at once....but thinly spread over a peice of buttered toast taste good...my brother even eats it on crossionts(spelling)

Pfft... i can eat it straight :cool:

that's simply an aussie thing....never had it myself, and I don't care to try it either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom