amd 3500 temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennny2004

Baseband Member
hey my question is running amd athlon 64 3500+ and haveing a temperature of 55C or 105F is that pretty good and can i over clock it more at all.

I wouldn't try to OC any more without better cooling.

What are you using for cooling now?

just what came with the box. i want to get osmething but i am lost what will be good for it just throw some names thnks.

Need specifications on the core revision...unless that's a Clawhammer or Newcastle your temperature is running way too hot if you ask me...AMD64 average load should be 40-50C even on stock heatsink

Any of the coolers I listed will pull your temps down and give you more OC overhead. Almost any after-market cooler will be an improvement on the stock cooler.

I prefer the CNPS9500, but it is taller and a little more expensive. But it looks cool as all get out.

make sure you buy some artic silver 5 which is thermal grease you put on the processor between the heatsink

gaara said:
Need specifications on the core revision...unless that's a Clawhammer or Newcastle your temperature is running way too hot if you ask me...AMD64 average load should be 40-50C even on stock heatsink

What would you recommend for a claw then? I always wanted to make sure I was under 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom