7800 GT Artifacting

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
In every game I play with my Leadtek 7800GT, I get excellent frames, but it has begun artifacting continually. Time to RMA the card?

you just have bad luck with your nvidia cards dont you

overheating? try underclocking i read some reviews that they gave the wrong bios to the other card so it was OCed too far on stock so it had artifacts, try underclocking it or flashing the bios then RMA the card

well didn't you say when your 6800GT was artifacting that your room is hot as all hell because your parents wont run any AC? Something like 90F+

Wouldn't be surprised if your card is hitting 90C+ especially since those are more powerful.

Definitely need to look into an NVSilencer or whatever Zalmans latest one is.

But yeah, PZERO also makes a good point...I remember seeing the same thing that that card was supposed to be 460MHz but it comes 470Mhz instead...you need to underclock it to 460MHz and then check with the manufacturer for a BIOS update because that seemed to be the answer for a lot of people

No, this card runs 45*C idle and only 57*C under load...heat isn't the problem.

I've underclocked it to 7800GT stock which is 400/1000 and I am not having problems so far....ill see what I can do about flashing the BIOS.

I believe that 460 accidentally to 470 thing must have been on the GTX then but it could still be something to look into.

im running smooth and clear at 430/1030...which is only 20MHz below the factory OC. I think i will leave it at that until Leadtek gets a new BIOS out. I was reading that the eVGA 7800GTs had this prob but eVGA got a new BIOS out to fix it.

Isn't it unbelieveable how these days you can spend a freakin' BUTTLOAD of money on a videocard and have problems like this? Now you have to wait for a BIOS update before you can return that card to it's factory OC'ed settings? That's just bogus.

Artifacting with a 7800GT @ 450MHz is such a kick in the balls.

if you go to evga"s forum the bios should be there already i was reading it a few weeks ago and the moderators were putting links to the bios there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom