Whats the worst ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ste

Do not Stare at my Avatar
Whats the worst computer you ever "fixed"

So guy at my work says, whenever he opens firefox or IE it closes imediatly and windows gives me an error. So I take his computer and this is what I found.

801 Bad registry entries deleted with Regseeker
16 Viruses/Trojans Deleted with AVG
1 Virus Deleted with Avast
22 Pieces of spyware\adaware deleted with Adaware SE personnal
272 pieces of spyware\adaware deleted with spybot
22 log entries deleted with Hijackthis
2 entries deleted with CDshredder

he was running no firewall and no AV on comcast cable.

and it still doesn't work, firefox and IE still won't open, still recieves errors.

and to top it all off i couldn't update windows cause his copy was illegal and disk clean up and disk defragmenter never finshed cause it was so slow...

oh ya i still got paid though.

I ran an adware/spyware app on a machine last week and it found 1,263 Critical Files. Darnit I knew I shoulda screet shot it.

It was on a 98 ME machine !
It would freeze on deletion.
lol

back in 2002 the comp shop found 1416 spyware programs on my computer and it didn't even show any signs before I took it in like slowing down.

Stupid people == giving money to smart people.... The uninformed rule.. but seriously 17 viruses is crazy, or was it 16, don't remember.

the stupidest problem i ever fixed was the cd-rom drive not showing up in "my computer"

turns out the lady had the computer stuck on safe mode!

Ever had to pull a lolli-pop and a fruit-roll-ups wrapper out of a floppy drive? I can't remember which was worse, that machine, the one with a video card that crapped out (and gave me a nasty burn in the process) followed shortly by the mobo, or the one I cleaned up with a combination of 2000+ critical files that hadn't had an anti-virus program on it in 3 years.

My cousin use P2P. he had 191 viruses and I stopped the computer and reformatted it after the spyware count got to like 500

I cleaned up a comp for a buddy. SOmething to the tune of 1500+ adware/spyware, and 60+ virii. He opted to reformat and reinstall.

He calls me about three months later. I check out his comp. It has over 115 virii, but almost no spyware. Turns out he didn't want to buy any anti-virus. He didn't like Avast because it kept popping up and telling him he had a virus... He went and bought PCcillan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom