Buying a good laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dell does make some good laptops but they tend to be big and heavy and can run very hot. I supported them along with other laptops and found that IBM laptops are more reliable but are more expensive. If you do go for a Dell make sure you get a good warranty with it. Dell service can be very good but it just depends on the tech you get on the phone. Most of the time they provide very good support. They will ask you to do some trouble shooting before they send out a tech or a replacement part. All their tech support is out sourced so that can be a nightmare too. I once got a tech who fixed one problem and then ended up breaking the keyboard so they had to order a new keyboard and that meant it took a few extra days to fix. Not cool if you have a customer who is screaming at you to get his/her laptop back.

I definitely do not want a sony. Wouldn't mind a toshiba. Size doesn't really matter, i don't care if it weighs 4 kgs. But i am really tight on price cannot spend about $ 2000.

The Toshiba laptop I've got runs great, even though I've abused the **** out of it. Mine is a Satellite 1750, and I've dropped the thing, and after replacing the LCD display, it runs just fine.

Look guys you help is good. But i was wondering if you can be a bit more specific.... because i don't understand which of the toshiba models are best for gaming....

Meck said:
Look guys you help is good. But i was wondering if you can be a bit more specific.... because i don't understand which of the toshiba models are best for gaming....

All you really need to find is a video card better than 64mb, a healthy supply of RAM like say 512mb, a decent size XGA screen(15" or so) and a processor that is a good comprise between power and battery longetivity(probably a P4-M would be best I suppose).

Merlin I kind of already knew all that, I am not that bad with computers. All i need help with is to try and find a computer which offers all that, but under $2000. Which is quite hard, that why i need your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom