Athlon 64 X2

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentassassin

Baseband Member
is the dual core really worth the money right now? i noticed that it really isn't that much more than a regular high end athlon 64. i already read that in some reviews it was uber for high performance and did good in gamin. What do you guys this about this processor?

I want to either get the 3700+ San Diego or a dual core. Not sure so i thought i would come ask you guys.

also i won't get pissed becase u helped me.....rofl;)

Well dual core is very good and cutting edge but the only problem now is that most applications and programs don't use dual core to it's full potential. Pretty soon most software and games will be using dual core even more and more so it really is the future of pc gaming and computer using in general. In your situation i would just go with dual core but you have to have other good parts on your pc to go along with it :p.

Well it may seem as the spec's are close, but remember the X2 is actually 2 Processors. So performace is X's 2

I would definetly get one. I did to "future proof" my computer. And my mobo said its X2 ready, but im pretty sure you can get any newer mobo to support dual cores.

not now maybe... buti f your planning on buying it, do it now when everyone still thinks its useless and is pretty cheap. Once dualcores start being more effective, companies are going to jack their prices way up because of the high demand.. people want them bad enough, they WILL pay for them. so get it while you can for cheap :D

TheOtis said:
I would definetly get one. I did to "future proof" my computer. And my mobo said its X2 ready, but im pretty sure you can get any newer mobo to support dual cores.
How can you do a furite proof?

oh i will....anyone able to answer why it has taken so long to the concept of have two processors built into one...wtf has taken so long...to p4 in one processor would rock or like the two athlon 64 in one...wtf took so long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom