I/o Problem With Computer! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesonlineaucs

Solid State Member
Ok, I just built a new computer AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1 gig ram, nvidia FX 5200 PCI card, 120 GB Wester Dig. HD, etc. Well anyway, when I first installed the OS and all it was all amazing...until i got to installing stuff. It gives me an error saying, "An I/O errror occured while installing a file. This is normally caused by bad media installation media or a corrupt installation file". These programs are like AIM Instant Messenger, Steam/Valve (PC Game),Xfire, etc. I do not know what the problem is and I have tried reinstalling windows and formatting the HD a mere 5 times now. HELP, THANK YOU!!!!

A Bios Flash may work, reasearch it. also make sure you have windows updated with service packs and all. Also make sure you have admin rights which Im sure u do.

What the hell? what makes you think a Bios flash would help a problem like that?... i would count out the bios flash just yet.

I dont know what your trying to install, but does this error accur with 1 specific program? or anything you try installing... maybe its something wrong with the install CD.

you can test your ram by going to memtest.org and download the precompiled package for floppy... or the ISO for CD... they do the same thing.

then boot from floppy and it will test your ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom