Q4 CD encyrption!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
Whoaaa......I backup all my purchased CD's with Alcohol 120%........................went to make an archived copy of Q4 (Quake 4) and ..........no way Jose!!! Is is just me? Or my hats off to Ravensoft and ID!!!

Edit: Looks alot like Doom 3, by the way, except brighter....and redundant...........I'll post the multiplayer critique once I have time to get there!

QUAKE4 is not like doom3, the only similarity that i see is that they both run on the same engine.
Quake 4 is far better for single player game, it has outdoor levels, vehicle combat and more open areas.

Doom 3 has the fear factor but not the excitment and structure as the single player in Quake has.

RicoDirenzo said:
Whoaaa......I backup all my purchased CD's with Alcohol 120%........................went to make an archived copy of Q4 (Quake 4) and ..........no way Jose!!! Is is just me? Or my hats off to Ravensoft and ID!!!

Edit: Looks alot like Doom 3, by the way, except brighter....and redundant...........I'll post the multiplayer critique once I have time to get there!

I'm lost..

I think he is saying that Quake 4 have a copy protection scheme working and alcohol isn't breaking it (copying it), like it does everybody's else.

O. I thought it was something like that then when I read the post below I thought it was something else.

Exactly....apparently a very sophisticted anti-copy code written onto this new game install CD....guess I'll have to make sure that cd is kept scratchless!!!!!!

I just downloaded NoCd patch and put CD1 in the software safe...Yes, I do have a software safe to protect my Programs from theft and damage....is that anal, or what!!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom