ATI, finally got NVIDIA on the Ropes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
apokalipse said:
don't put words in my mouth.
I like both cards. but it's a fact that the 512MB 7800 GTX is better.

I didn't quote you on anything. the fact is you continue to argue about adaptive AA when it's just an option. I didn't say you said it wasn't. You just keep hitting that topic. I'm not saying saying the x1800 is the best but if you want to do a "price performance" comparison, it is at $150 less. ;)

apokalipse said:
yes, but people already know this. it is cutting corners, but that was in the Geforce 4 era
current cards are different.
No, it is actually in the Geforce 6/7 era... Wow dude, you really don't know what you're talking about do you? There was an article about it on theinq, and I suffer from the problem myself. In fact, I have to set image quality to high quality to get rid of the problem, but at the expense of AA.

003 said:
No, it is actually in the Geforce 6/7 era... Wow dude, you really don't know what you're talking about do you? There was an article about it on theinq, and I suffer from the problem myself. In fact, I have to set image quality to high quality to get rid of the problem, but at the expense of AA.
why get personal about this? even if I'm wrong about Nvidia and AF, that does not mean I don't know what I'm talking about.

it's clear we're not really on the same page here, and I don't like arguing about crap like this, so I'm just going to end it somewhere in the middle.
first off, show me the article. I don't mind if I'm wrong about it at all. I actually do want to see it.

secondly, I think you are assuming that I'm trying to attack ATI, which is why you drew out that thing about Nvidia. not saying you definately were thinking that, but in case you were, I'm telling you I'm not. only adaptive AA itself.
but anyway. I don't mind if I'm wrong about Nvidia cards AF problem. if it is in fact true, then yes that is taking shortcuts also.

I didn't quote you on anything. the fact is you continue to argue about adaptive AA when it's just an option. I didn't say you said it wasn't.
sounded like you did
not sure where apokolyspe gets that info. that adaptive AA thing is an OPTION

You just keep hitting that topic. I'm not saying saying the x1800 is the best but if you want to do a "price performance" comparison, it is at $150 less
that is true, although I think that generally, the people looking for the absolute best card are not worrying so much about price.

apokalipse said:
I think that generally, the people looking for the absolute best card are not worrying so much about price.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but it's easy to find the best card, not so easy to pay for it. ;)

I'm all for competition and quality products so i don't care who's doing what as long as the products are good. These prices are crazy and need to drop (i hope they do). :eek:

I didn't quote you on anything. the fact is you continue to argue about adaptive AA when it's just an option. I didn't say you said it wasn't. You just keep hitting that topic. I'm not saying saying the x1800 is the best but if you want to do a "price performance" comparison, it is at $150 less.
Hes only hitting that topic so much because 003 wont shut his dumbass mouth.
No, it is actually in the Geforce 6/7 era... Wow dude, you really don't know what you're talking about do you?
Actualy to take yall both down it was the Geforce3 TI500 to be exact. That was when they came out w/ 3x or "quincunx" AA. Now THAT is taking shortcuts or cutting corners. It did not have the performance of 2x and did not have the quality of 4x either. It was crap and thats it. Also were talking about Anti-Aliasing here not Anisotropic filtering.:rolleyes: So bringing up Nvidia and its "shimering" thing dosent really bring up a good point.
that is true, although I think that generally, the people looking for the absolute best card are not worrying so much about price.
Absolutely right here. Yall should really quit arguing over price. Exactly when do you think you will get this card IF you get one? Probably not right now so why argue over the price thats not even 800$? That price and card are for the ppl who want the ABSOLUTE best and dont care what comes out of their back pocket. Shit i would be willing to bet 800$ is like nothing to some of those folk where you guys are sitting ehre arguing over it. Even if it WAS at 500 what makes you think mom and dad will just go out and buy you the top card in the market? Didnt think so. So IMO quit arguing over the **** cards until you can afford them THEN it gives you reason to argue becasue you can actualy put one of those beasts in your machine.:beard:

P.P. Mguire said:
Exactly when do you think you will get this card IF you get one? Probably not right now so why argue over the price thats not even 800$? That price and card are for the ppl who want the ABSOLUTE best and dont care what comes out of their back pocket. Shit i would be willing to bet 800$ is like nothing to some of those folk where you guys are sitting ehre arguing over it. Even if it WAS at 500 what makes you think mom and dad will just go out and buy you the top card in the market? Didnt think so. So IMO quit arguing over the **** cards until you can afford them THEN it gives you reason to argue becasue you can actualy put one of those beasts in your machine.:beard:

for the record, i'm 24, I have a degree, i live on my own, and i'll be getting a high end card in the next few weeks so the current prices are a consideration. I'll pay whatever the prices are but I would much rather spend less, obviously, that's why i keep bringing up the prices. ;)

I would like to know how old everyone else is here. that would shed a good light on all these views.

On a side note, when i was younger my parents surely wouldn't have bought me a video card for video games. I had one of those old Nintendo systems that were like 16bit and they sold it because i played too much i guess, haha. :p

Most people here are between 14 and 17. There are a few more older members here than there was a few months ago. Some of the people here just get everything they want from their parents, while others have to work for what they get. Most of the time when you see a 15 year old with an SLI 7800GTX system, it was not funded by them but by their parents.

Anyways, in order ot afford one of these new high end cards, you either need to be rich or have rich parents. Thats why I got a 7800GT, which although its slower than the bleeding edge, it still screams, and I don't have to pay $800 for a graphics card, let alone $1600 for two of them in SLI.

beedubaya said:
Most people here are between 14 and 17.
I could tell in the writing of a lot of posts here.

beedubaya said:
Anyways, in order ot afford one of these new high end cards, you either need to be rich or have rich parents. Thats why I got a 7800GT, which although its slower than the bleeding edge, it still screams, and I don't have to pay $800 for a graphics card, let alone $1600 for two of them in SLI.

I'm by no means rich and there's no way i'm going to pay over $700 for a card in 2005, maybe in a few years after inflation. :)

just to let you guys know ati will come out with a new card soon which will kill the 7800gtx 512mb hehe GO ATI!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom