6800GS or GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
As yall probably know i have a Leadtek 6800GT thats flashed to ultra and OC past ultra speeds. I was wondering what would be the significant difference between me having my GT(ultra) and that GS on say an NF4 board (DFI Lanparty of course)?

Nah sorry man. I have a LAN rig and i want to upgrade my main rig so i can put the 6800GT in the LAN rig. Also, i want to use my DFI NF3 ultra-d rig (w/ the Opteron) as the LAN so i have an excuse to get an NF4 board and PCI-E. But im saying would there be a big difference if i OCd it as far or further than the GT?

If you have PCI-Express, the GS is the way to go. It runs pretty much even with the 6800GT consistently. The 6800GS should have been called the 7600GT, because it would make it less confusing.

well I've only seen one review of the GS that was posted here...they OC'd it to like 540/1.2GHz+ and it beat out my highest score in 3dmark05 as of yet....however of course they were on something like an FX-blahblah plus 2gb of RAM, your normal benching setup.

I got 6200 in 3dmark05 with 450/1200 and they were getting 6300 with the GS at 540/1200+ on stock air mind you...sooo hell the way it's looking is that GS will OC like mad provided you give it the cooling.

Of course maybe they got lucky, ya never know....stock GS seems to score higher than stock GT though

If you currently have a 6800GT it'd be a waste to buy a 6800GS...as far as real world performance differences you're talking about maybe a few FPS

Basically this is no different from selling a 6800GT to buy a 6800Ultra...you're losing money for minimal performance gains

yeah but I think he wants one for a seperate rig...so his 6800GT will go in the board that'll have AGP and then he'll buy a 6800GS so that he can upgrade to PCI-E for his main rig.

if you could sell a 6800GT for $250 then you'd be able to get the GS with no loss of money and maybe some extra performance :D But you'd have to hope you got a good one that'll OC like a beotch

I'll be upgrading to a cheap 4/5 year old integrated SIS card to a 6800GS. I can't wait to see the difference.

yeah but I think he wants one for a seperate rig...so his 6800GT will go in the board that'll have AGP and then he'll buy a 6800GS so that he can upgrade to PCI-E for his main rig.
Yea thats pretty much it. I wnat to put my 6800GT in a LAN rig and i was wondering if the GS was any better because if not then i will leave it for a few more months and get a 7800GT for my main rig.

Lol, I didn't wanna but it. I was wanted to know if you were going to sell your 6800GT to buy a GS and would've recommended against it since that would've been a waste of money.

Beed, its not a G70 core though so 7600GT wouldn't have been right. Also, calling is a GeForce 7 would've meant that it was better than the 6800GT, which its not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom