how to increase the fan speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ainstushar

Baseband Member
In my pc, my fan (not the power supply fan but the main CPU fan) goes really slow. then when i launch a big program, it goes really fast that it makes noise as big as a vacuum cleaner.

Like when it goes fast, i can't hear movies.

Analogy: it goes from 10 to 60 in a quick jump.

is there any way to solve this problm? my idea is that i should adjust the fan so that it goes about medium speed (like 30). The only problem is that i don't know how to do it.

Any help appreciated

I have never heard of this before. Are you sure it is your fan and not your cd-rom. It may also be a faulty fan, usually fans speed is pretty constant as far as i know.

No, it is not the CD drive, i have opened my box and saw the fan increasing speed.

Do you know how to increase fan speed?

THX for help

What fan do you have ?

Have you altered the fan RPM in your bios ?
You may need to get another FAN... If this fan is just loud... then you will need another fan.

On some motherboards/heatsinks you can change the RPM of your fan in the bios, however I woulndt do this because the reason it spins faster is to cool down the cpu more because much more processing is going on when you open a game or a movie. All I can think of that would help would be to drop in a new,quieter heatsink.

most newer mother boards have an automatic fan speed controller in the bios...so it can keep the temperature of the cpu down..so when the cpu is needing to process more information like when you open a game or watch a movie it will get hotter...so the Heat sinc fan automaticly speeds up to compensate for the increase in heat...thats why it only does it when you watch movies or run a game...i wouldn't recomend turning this feature off because if you do it can cause your CPU to get to hot and cause damage...if you want to fix the problem..look at getting an aftermarket HSF (head sinc fan) you'll prolly wanna go with one that is made for low noise...like the Zalman 7700...it is almost silent

See here is what i think, i need something that can set the minimum speed higher. i don't want to set a consistant speed. so let's say, right now my fan is on certain rpm at minimum, i want to make it 10+ at minimum.

whenever it get's hot, the fan should be able to increase the speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom