AGP Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats what I keep on hearing, but I just wanted to head that someone has specifically gotten this card to work in a 4x slot, I can't see why the tech guy at the store would have tried to convince me not to buy a card, especially when I was pretty clear I didn't want the other ones there...unless they don't want my business (though more likely what Red would have said).

Oh ya, pci video cards really do suck! That was a my last option, and luckily I have 30 days to return it

Thanks for the help

If anyone has any first hand experience with this card in a 4x (1.5V) slot please post about your experience.
Thanks

I have not had a problem yet with backward compatibility. I have only had problems with customers trying certain 1X cards on 4X and some 2X on 8X.

Well i stumbled onto a computer deal .Dell with a P4 1.8 , intergrated extreme 64 graphics . Needless to say a midtower , 17" monitor , keyboard, printer the works for $ 350.00 aint bad .
The downside was the video the so called extreme video aint worth a hoot .So i was forced to install a 128mb ATI 9200se PCI
card man what a difference. PCI cards are not junk ;)

Thanks. Thats what I wanted to hear.

Sorry if I offendend anyone by my PCI cards suck statement, I shouldn't have been so judgmental of them, because they do have their purpose. I understand that a lot of computers can't use AGP video cards, and in that case may be a huge advantage, but on my computer, I did notice a difference, and I'm by no means a big time gamer.
The PCI card did give better looking results than my previous NVidia 256 32MB OEM card, but I did have to endure a lot of choppiness in almost every game I did play, especially Ghost Recon, even at 800x600x16 with limited detail. my previous card only showed such lag at at least one level resolution above that, and I didn't have to pay $130 for it, it was worth max $60 new with the comp. I just felt that the performance relative to a lower end 3D AGP card was quite noticable, and if you are paying any amount of cash for a card that is 3D and boasts some gaming strengths, you want some results for your money. Who knows, maybe it is the chipset itself.

Anyways, thanks for the help everyone, I'm pleased with the results I got from this forum, and will definitely look for more answers here in the future.

I would definately go back and upgrade to a AGP card .The PCI is good when you have no other choice :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom