PC being very slow all of a sudden

Status
Not open for further replies.
What caused those spikes in cpu usage O_O I MEAN LOOK AT THEM!

You have a nice enough computer, I think there is something wrong here...

Wow something is seriously wrong there, whats with all the cpu usage spikes. Even if you ignore those 30% with nothing but firefox open is huge, I have similar specs and im getting 1-0% usage. I can't think of a forsure fix but what i would do is run memtest, check the temperates (you say they were those temps in the summer and such but check them now instead). If those failed I'd reinstall windows, and if that fails I think a new CPU would be the only option.

Hi,

Sorry i havent got back you in a while, i was waiting to see if this was a 'phase' on my PC and hopeing it would go away after a while. Unfortunatley it didnt...

Anyway... i ran memtest and after about 3 hours it had got to 0.2%, so i though, 'sod this' and cancelled it, but had to close it within the task manager as it hadnt frozen but was responding VERY slowly, probably because it still had my ram filled with whatever it tests it with...

So that test failed :/

Today, i closed all unnessary programs (steam, msn, xfire etc except windows blinds) and was playing an MP3 though WMP. I tracked the cpu usuage on the task manager and here is the results...

comptestcpu8fp.png

Its like 30-45 % useage JUST for playing an MP3. How certain are you guys that its my processor thats causing it? The PC was new in January...

It can also reach 100% cpu useage just by scrolling down the average webpage...

Yes something is wrong with most likely your processor. You should always run memtest as a boot disc though not the windows one, as using the boot disc forsure eliminates software related problems. Please download Everest and run some things and tell us the cpu temperature.

Heres a few screen shots from different parts of Everest...

Memory Read Test:

Memory Write Test:

Memory Latency Test:

Memory Usage Test:

About the CPU:

CPU TEMPERATURES:

From what i can see from those pics, the Ram tests seem to be quite odd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom