no sound hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisy

Solid State Member
I recently had to have my hard drive wiped due to the amount of viruses infecting my system. I now do not have any sound and keep getting a message saying i have no hardware installed. I have on board sound. Motherboard is K7S5A. My Bro-in-law emailed me the drivers but somehow there is no install icon. I dont want to keep bothering my bro-in-law about this and dont know what to do. I have looked on the net for drivers but the list of sites keep mentioning BIOS. I am unsure about the ins and ouits of this and was wondering if anyone knows where i could look to download the driver for my sound so i can listen to my music. Please help as i am becoming more frustrated by the minute!

Chris

Go into your DM and check for :
A: any error Icons.
B: Sound/Video/Game Controllers. ( Update the drivers within this section of the DM )

I am doing that now but its seems to be taking ages. I think its looking on the net for drivers. Why hasnt it asked mt to type in the number of the motherboard?

It most likely is searching the web for drivers... That is a good thing. Hopefully you will be able to install all of these drivers this way. You shouldn't need to enter in the number for the motherboard.

did you see any error Icons before the driver search ?

I got an error message after the error search. Says C-media AC97 audio device cannot start (code 10) ? Dont know what all this means. Have tried uninstalling hardware and reinstalling new device but not geting anywhere. I used to like computers but now starting to hate them!!!! All i want is to listen to music etc!!!!
Chris

Fraid not! Would you know why my system would be starting to slow down specially when i'm typing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom