Buying new mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

180Mhz

In Runtime
my socket A Abit NF7-S just died and im going to purchase a new motherboard. Im thinking of getting a Socket 754 and a new CPU.
Im thinking about getting another ABIT, but i was wondering, what are other makes of Mobos that are good?
Is MSI any good? Also I want something with an NVidia Chipset.

Go with a 939 instead of the 754. The 754's have been discontinued already. The 939's are faster, and can use dual memory.

I know, I know. The 754's are cheaper... but cheaper ain't always better.

If you are going to go with a socket 754 mobo, I would suggest going with a MSI K8N Neo 2. But honestly, I would really suggest going with the socket 939 mobo and processor. That way you can get some PCI express and sata slots for when you want to upgrade.

the only problem is this is or my christmas gift from my parents. I dont think they'll be willing to purge the money for a 939

The MSI mobo in my sig has done well for me so far and it's socket 754. If you want to buy it you can lol.

I was just looking at the MSI neo4 939. It has basiclay everything my NF7-S had and more. The only thing is that it doesnt seem to have a AGP slot. There is a PCI express slot that looks like AGP can this run AGP cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom