No Video What So Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amd64Boy

In Runtime
The other day I was scanning my computer for registry problems with Registry Mechanic and all of a sudden my computer stalled and presented a weird video distortion. It looked as if an old TV had some static, they were big horizontil lines with mixed color. So I restated my computer and I got no video what so ever, not a booting screen not anything. I would replace my video card but it is a hp e-pc which is a slim compact desktop with no possible expandibility and onboard video (except for RAM and a new HDD). I have come to my wits end and do not know what to do. Could scanning my registry have messed with my BIOS, if so how can I fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can you boot to disk ?
If you can : Perform a Repair on the OS through the Install option.

And yes... the regscan can ruin many things...
Did you save your registry before deleting anything ?

I would boot to disk but I cant see anything, not even the boot screen to get into the BIOS. My computer stalled in the middle of the scan. Also I think it may be the video ports pins that came unsoldered because I would often unplug the monitor's video cable to connect it to the other computer, I would do it so often that i didnt screw the cable into the video port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom