CPU Temp!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys, my writing isn't always the best. I never intended to say 91 was acceptable, just pointing out that there were computers that were running, however poorly, at that temperature.

A CPU temp of 58 still doesn't sound too out of line to me.

Jumping all around in this thread.

A case temp of 58 is not dangerous, but sure as heckfire aint what you want. I try and keep mine <40C at all times.

Go to a hardware store (or even freakin wal-mart) and buy some zip ties. Tidy up that wiring inside your PC a bit. Clean things up and check out temps then. Better airflow can decrese temps up to 10C.

Spending $3 on zipties is beter than $35 on a new HSF. No point in having more airflow with nowhere to flow.

Check this out.

Have ya tried the old Stripping the case & pointing a fan at it? Just to see what the Temp drop will be. BTW By Stripping the case I mean removing the sides:)

chalky said:
My CPU temp is 58 degrees C, is this too hot? What is the best temp to run at? Is a new fan in order?

2100+ Atholon
K7N2 Delta Ultra
512MB DDR ram
Radeon 9700 Pro

Thanks in advance :D

for the anthlon 2100+ that is fine my friend has the same one with the stock hsf and he has the same temps as you... but i also recomeneede a volcano 11 or 12 to him... when i get my next pc i am going for harcore water cooling

ekÆsine said:
intel and AMD processors have entirely different temperature ranges.

What is the exceptable temp for an INTEL P-IV CPU anyways??
And what temp is it when they blow up?

Silesia said:
What is the exceptable temp for an INTEL P-IV CPU anyways??
And what temp is it when they blow up?

i have a p4 2 ghz oc at 2.2 and the idle temp is 30-36 degres celcius... and i use MbM(the prog bleep mentiond)

Silesia to me it generally looks like from above a P4 2.0Ghz they are averaging a Thermal Spec of 68°C-72°C. I think XP processor have a max die temp of 85°C so thats about a max temp difference of 15°C.

the thing is though the differences in normal operating ranges are much more than 15C as inatey is saying. the 30-35C isn't even with water cooling, thats a big difference. of coarse without a sensor probe i wouldn't really trust those readings for sure. maybe their are some hardcore intel experts who know the real numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom