Want to build/buy a gaming pc around $3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 7800GTX 512mb will OWN. the 2 7800GTXs 256mb will work better but they are also around 250-300 bucks more expensive. plus having 1 512mb GTX leaves a slot for another one down the future

for a site, i recommend: http://www.buildyourown.org.uk/ their forum is also pretty helpful :D

its really helpful, i used it a lot during my build and building a computer isnt too hard if u know the basics and learn some simple stuff

Haha i havent figured out for him yet. He messaged me and i messaged him back the usual questions, do you have a monitor, will you overclock and so forth. Havent gotten a response back yet. Spartan666's rig is almost exactly what I was going to suggest. The usual. That DFI mobo is extremely popular, i should of got that one. But im just fine with mine now since I dont really have a reason to overclock.

Id also suggesat the opetrons if you wanna OC, ive read alot of stuff on this forum on how good they are to OC.

I wouldnt wanna go SLI right away. I personally got the SLI mobo to add a second 7800 GT when they drop down between 250-300. Id imagine itll perform just as well as the almost top of the line card thats out when i do. That and a PPU card will be quite nice. Aslong as the PPUs dont come out and SUCK.

have u actually seen the PPU vids?? they are good cept for the large destruction one; hope they fix that up

the fluid stimulation one is REALLY nice though

flanker, rofl :D

lol.. i forgot a harddrive and memory >_<

that sucks... lol, my harddrive just died so i can only be here like 20 mins a day at school... so sry if i dont reply to anything >_<

thx a lot for the lots of info.
i think im gonna go for something close to what Spartan666 posted...
mb w/ smaller HD..and btw, where do i get this 7800GTX 512mb??
is it like "get it if im lucky" ? or any chance that i can order from somewhere?
and i see im getting some OEM parts...means i need extra cables and wirings..i assume..if any1 can help me put the list togather...that will help me a lot..
thx a lot for the big help. great site here.
this is a pretty exciting project for me. since im a long time mac only user so to me computer costs usually around $3000...

ok Ste ill look into those PSU...and i havent decided the case yet...
do i really need full size case like armor or kandolf?
if u guys know any better case or which 1 i should get pls let me know...thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom