TMPGEnc Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavenderAC

In Runtime
Hi, I am trying to convert a movie file of mine in mpeg - 3 to vcd or svcd so i can burn it onto CDR and watch it using DVD player. I thought TMPGENc would do the job, but it seems to me that it can only convert files to MPEG type? Can anyone tell me how to use it? Or I should use other software to convert? Thanks in advance.

lavenderAC said:
Hi, I am trying to convert a movie file of mine in mpeg - 3 to vcd or svcd so i can burn it onto CDR and watch it using DVD player. I thought TMPGENc would do the job, but it seems to me that it can only convert files to MPEG type? Can anyone tell me how to use it? Or I should use other software to convert? Thanks in advance.

Yes this is what you want it to do. VCD=MPEG1. Once any file is converted to MPEG1 then you can use a program like NERO BURNING ROM to actually record it in VCD format. All your doing with TMPGENc is prepring the files to be recorded. You can do this straight from NERO but it takes a long ass time. TMPGENc is nice tool because you can split the file in sections if needed :)

These are usually the steps I take. In my example we will use a Beavis & Butthead episode I "aqcuired" and the steps I took to be able to make a VCD and watch it on my home DVD player/TV.

1)Open TMPGENc and select VCD NTSC from the options that first display.
2)Locate the file that is to be converted in my case the B&B episode is currently in MPEG4 forma aka DIVX.
3) Choose the output destination for the file that is to be converted and choose convert now.
3) The file will then convert to MPEG1 into the output destination folder. Bam thats it you have a VCD ready file properly encoded and ready for VCD conversion.
4) Open NERO BURNING ROM or another burning program that has a VCD option.
5) Select create VCD Movie,and select the new converted MPEG1 file that was created and drop this into the project.
6) Burn CD and when your done you have a nice VCD that is ready for action :)

Hi, I have another question.
As before, I am trying to convert the AVI movie file to MPEG 1(VCD), but I need it to be smaller than 700 MB so I can burn it on CD. The original file is 633MB, and I think its will get bigger after the convert.
So is there any way I can get around this, if it won't fit the CD size? Beside getting a 800MB CD, is there any software than can split the movie? Thanks

DVDx2.2 works very well. you can customize target size and use whatever encoder you have. i think it can convert what you wanted. it is kinda advanced interface, make sure you use the right settings, you need to experiment a bit

http://dvdx.sourceforge.net/

You can split the movie directly in TMPENc..when your doing the convert select the SOURCE RANGE option..then you can easily drag the bar where you want to start and where you want to stop. :) make one half then make another movie with the 2nd half

Thanks, I think it should work now, the only thing it takes incredibly long to convert. Like 5+ hours, is that normal?

Ok, I just spent the last 5+ hours converting something that is totally unwatchable. The screen was jumping green and black after the conversion. You can barely see the people talking, etc. Was there something I didn't do? Like set up frame rate?

I chose NTSC from VCD, then non-interlace for video type? What about aspect ratio, it is currently set at 1:1(VGA)?
Please Help, Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom