Add/Remove programs help[please look]

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilxsnow

Beta member
Well I dont know if im in the right plat or not but...Well my friend did something weird to my computer.When I was out and he came into my house and he wants to tweak my computer.And he did something wierd to the add/remove program list.I have windows xp service pack 2.Now as you can see in this picture I have an open window of the add/remove program and my start menu.The problem I got is that well where is the buttons on the add/remove list?Besides the program there is suppose to be a button called Change/Remove so I get to remove the programs I install but I cant find the button.So now I dont know how to remove programs.And the second problem is that what happened to all my programs!!My friend did something that makes my program not show in the add/remove list.You can se in my start menu that I got programs and stuff but it wont show in the add or remove list.It showed it before my friend came over on my computer but now..It dosnt show!So in conclusion can you guys show me how to make the change/remove buttons appear and how to get my programs back on the list again.I appreciate your help.:)

Btw first post.

Click Start, Run and type REGEDIT. This starts the Registry Editor. Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
\SOFTWARE
\Microsoft
\Windows
\CurrentVersion
\Uninstall
\<Program Name>

<Program Name> here is Adobe Acrobat 5.0 - Taken as an example

In the right-pane, do the following:

Double-click NoRemove (REG_DWORD) and set it to 0
Double-click NoModify (REG_DWORD) and set it to 0

If NoRemove is set to 1, the Remove button will be unavailable
If NoModify is set to 1, the Change button will be unavailable

Visual aid for the Registry editing procedure:

Final result is you'll get the Change and Remove buttons back (Or, the Change/Remove button together)

EVIL!!!!!!!!!!

I am against all use of P2P but if you must use it which I'm sure you aren't about to stop for the love of god do not use Kazaa unless you want your PC ruined.

Bah I'd worry about the entire computer crashing before worrying about getting some petty buttons back it's all about figuring out whats more important.

And my seconds problem is that....My programs wont show on the add/remove list can you please help?

Run spyware, adware, virus, registry scans.

Then pop in your OS cd and do a repair.

try webroot for spyware instead of MS anti spy. Some of the scans may not solve the button problem per say but one may and since you use that vile program I'm sure your in need of all these various scans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom