power supply question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hilowe

Daemon Poster
I'm looking to pick up a new power supply for my computer. J's custom PC's has a calculator for power demand that says I'm going to need about 380 Watts, so I'm going to look for about a 450Watt power supply. My question is, what brand of power supply do you guys recommend, or does it really matter all that much?

Allright, I found a ThermalTake TT420AD power supply on pricegrabber.com. I just wanted to make sure that it should work with the stuff I've got.

P4 2.7 GHz 800 FSB
MSI NeoP2 mobo w/ Intel 486 chipset
DVD-Rom, DVD writer, ATI Radeon 9600 All-In-Wonder

not every PSU from a good manufactuer is good, they do sometimes make bad models. read reviews on www.neweg.com to find out what people have to say about each model. one antec PSU model was claimed to catch on fire by a few people. although i have this model and so far it hasn't caught on fire....yet :eek:

I agree, I'd read a lot of reviews on PSU's before you spend your hard earned cash on something.

Before I bought my power supply, I did a lot of research, reading reviews. The one I chose (in my sig) isn't the prettiest PSU's around, but it has lot's of juice, lot's of plugs and no fluctuations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom