Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
AMD FX-60s found In the wild

Dual core goodness

By Charlie Demerjian: Sunday 13 November 2005, 06:59
NEW ATHLONS ARE imminent. AMD has been sending out the FX-60 chips, dual cores that clock at 2.6GHz.

They are in the hands of at least one INQ friendly box slinger now, so it is only a short period of time before they are in the hands of users.

You give up about 200MHz over a single core, but that small a loss is well worth the added second core.

If AMD follows form, it will be make a slight power increase over the single core, 110w vs 95, and the dual 2.6's will be out early next year in non-FX guise at a 95W power level.

Either way, this will be the gamer chip of choice for some time to come.
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27644

Great...all I have to do is bump up my 165 to 2.6GHz and I'll have matched the fastest AMD core in town...not hard at all

so have you already got that installed in your machine gaara? That opteron?

Nope...I would have whored it out already if I had it silly :p

It's a special order so they said it'll take 2-3 weeks to get, and then another week or so to ship

silly!?

I can only imagine a gay lisp when such word is being said

I figured you might have just got it and haven't really done thorough testing on it yet...besides when I WHORED out that nf3 you're all 'psht I didnt whore out my stuff' so I thought you were of the anti-whorish nature :p

PTTTHHH BAKA how dare you accusth me of having a listhp

Eh...when I got my 3200+ it wasn't really special because I've dealt with AMD64s in the past so it wasn't this awesome brand new experience as it was with you...but now this is my first time dealing with a DUAL CORE OPTERON OMG

Hopefully this was worth it though...I was pretty lucky to get a decent venice but deep down I was waiting out for these multicores and the venice bug hit me :p

If the FX-57 is still $1011 USD... I can imagine the FX-60 dual core will be upwards of $1200+ USD.

It's just getting out of hand now... In the next 10 years you'll have to finance a top end processer for 4 years, much like a car... ****

HAVOC2k5 said:
If the FX-57 is still $1011 USD... I can imagine the FX-60 dual core will be upwards of $1200+ USD.

It's just getting out of hand now... In the next 10 years you'll have to finance a top end processer for 4 years, much like a car... ****

Thats not the case... everytime something new comes out something else gets WAY cheaper.

Its impossible to assume what the future for computers will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom