ati radeon x850xtpe, asus radeon x850xt pe, visiontek radeon x850xt pe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, I'm not a freakin' fan boy ok. I like both companies. I really don't care what the heck the name is inside my PC. As long as it plays my freakin' games, that's all I care about. Isn't that why you buy a video card? To play games? or lol - watch movies or use video intensive applications?

I'm not going to stack my card up against anything. Why? Because right now I have only one card. I don't care how it stacks up against another card. As long as it stacks up against my games, that's what i care about. ALMOST EVERYONE ELSE in this thread and every thread ever, that has to do with ATI & NVIDIA, only seems to care about which card can out "piss" the other. The arguements are always the same. They never end. They never will.
This has got to be one of the smartest things I've ever seen written in any of these topics...as long as the card does what you want, it shouldn't matter who made it

Furthermore, I could care less about the 7800GTX or x1800, just as I could care less about the FX-57 or Pentium 4 XE...I can't afford them, I'm never going to buy them, and I don't need them to do what I need to do on the computer

P.P. Mguire said:
Your X850XTPE cost a hell of alot more than my 6800GT did and i can play games as well or if not better than you.

Now, the same could be said for the 7800GTX 550/1800 512MB at a whopping $799.00 - vs - X1800XT 625/1500 512MB at $599.00.

Do you think the difference between the cards is noticable in games? I think not. They are both good cards that will both play games extremely well. May-be the benchmarks might be slightly different, but a couple hundred points isn't going to be noticable in games. It's always going to be a never ending battle between the two. If you like one more then the other... fantastic... wear a t-shirt, pin, hat, sport your team in your sig... whatever... My card does what I want, that's all that matters...

Case Closed.

P.P. Mguire said:
Ive been saying that all along.

I know! Thats freakin messed up Gaara. Almost all of us have said that at some point or another.

Do you think the difference between the cards is noticable in games? I think not. They are both good cards that will both play games extremely well. May-be the benchmarks might be slightly different, but a couple hundred points isn't going to be noticable in games. It's always going to be a never ending battle between the two. If you like one more then the other... fantastic... wear a t-shirt, pin, hat, sport your team in your sig... whatever... My card does what I want, that's all that matters...
There isn't any noticeable difference in games right now, but when even more intensive games come out that make the 7800GTX and X1800XT look like mid-end cards, then it becomes very important as to which performs how well in that era's games. Yea, theres no difference in performance between the 6800GT and X800XT in a game that came out in 2001 or something, but in the here and now, it makes a very substantial difference to buyers as to which they spend their HARD EARNED money on. Just because $250 is nothing to you doesn't mean that its not a month's savings to someone else, ok?

Flanker said:
Just because $250 is nothing to you doesn't mean that its not a month's savings to someone else, ok?

ok. flanker, come down. Take a deep breath. It's ok, {pats you on the back.}

I never said, "$250 ment nothing to me."

You can't compare the prices of cards as your point of purchase.
Card X is higher then card Y. Yet card Y gives you better performance then card X. The cost of cards doesn't dictate how good or not good they are. 99% of all the cards out there aren't built by "ATI or NVIDIA". They are built by (3rd Party Semi Conducter Companies.) a.ka. - eVGA, Sapphire, XFX, BFG, leadtek... etc... The GPU's are ATI's & Nvidia's, yes... But, they don't make the cards. 3rd party companies make the cards. So, it's up to them to create the suggested retail price for their products. The market dictates the price. Not (ATI & NVIDIA) for the most part..

If you buy the card that fits your wallet, that's just fine with me. If it gives you great performance, "Nice Buy". "Good Deal"
But, overall - lower price with equal performance doesn't mean it's a better product then the more expensive one. When i say product i mean, "GPU/ARCHITECHURE/ATI&NVIDIA".

And here at circuitcity. $299.00 - $35.00 mail in rebate - $264.99
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/eVGA...13639/catOid/-13043/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

That's a difference of $80.99. I guess the card from newegg.com is better the card from circuitcity because gives you the same performance if not better then the other that's nearly $115.99 more before mail in rebate.

Get my point? huh?

Hell yeah, it's a much better buy... But it doesn't mean the technology is better.

You all are completely right about a card being good as long as it does what you want it to do. I just hate the 3dMark05 reference because that benchmark favors ATI so much. At least use 3dMark03 which is a more accurate/balanced benchmark. My X800 Pro got neal 5500 in 3dMark05, but newer games like FEAR, Quake 4, and CoD 2 were virtually unplayable at anything above 1024x768. And I couldn't even think about high settings. With the 6800GT, I played every game at 1280x1024 2x AA and it didn't make a hitch, but I only got around 5100 in 3dMark05...so you see...3dMark05 isn't a good reference.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Now, the same could be said for the 7800GTX 550/1800 512MB at a whopping $799.00 - vs - X1800XT 625/1500 512MB at $599.00.

What are you talking abou?!?!? The new 512mb version still hasn't came out yet. Right now the 256mb GTX that's on the market ranges from $439 to $589 and it's just as good as the $599 X1800XT. The other cool thing about gtx is it's made by many companies at different prices instead of one company making the card for one price. The card infact doesnt even really have 512mb vram. "The card has a 512-bit internal ring bus, making it more efficient at dealing with memory requests, but it still has a 256-bit external memory bus that it uses to access its onboard memory. With current drivers it is about on par with a 7800GTX and slightly faster than it in some cases." "Although this card has 512 MB of GDDR3 memory, it is still 256-bit. All that extra ram doesn't really have a groundbreaking effect on your FPS as it does on your wallet. Still a good card, just something to should consider." Those were just 2 of the 5 reviews by customer's saying the card's extra 256mb vram doesn't do much to help performance. And it necessarily doesn't have 512mb vram because of 256 bit. But w/e i would just get a 7800gt and unlock pipes if lucky and oc to gtx specs and then say hey i saved 300 bucks and have a card that competes with gtx and x1800. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom