ATI, finally got NVIDIA on the Ropes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm saying that adaptive anti-aliasing does not make the card faster as such in OpenGL. the card is still as fast as before, but it is simply making the card do less by reducing image quality. therefore it is cutting corners.
AMen.

P.P. Mguire said:
THen whats the point of arguing over it that it makes the card better? Turn it off and see how it performs.

I didn't say anything about it making it better or worse. I agree that it shouldn't be argued over if it's just an option. I'll stick with the arguement that either high end card from ATI and nvidia is going to be great, just toss a coin.

P.P. Mguire said:
Get your head out of your ****ing ass and stop calling ppl fanboys. Your the ****ing idiot because i never OUCNE said that the x1800XT sucks, matter of fact i do believe i said i would buy the better card IF i had the money. Seriously go home and cry to mommy for petes sake. Sorry for the flame but idiots like you are really starting to piss me off on this forum.
Good one, my turn. What kind of ****ing idiot says that the 256mb 7800GTX is better than the X1800XT, when they have never looked at any benchmarks, and have never had any experience with the card?? And what kind of ****ing fanboy says that every single benchmark is ATI biased?? That's the most retarded statement I have heard in a while. Sorry, but fanboys like you are really starting to piss me off. Would you like ATI to be run out of business by nvidia so they will have complete control over all the prices? Or does that not matter to you because your daddy buys you the cards?
Flame-Sign.gif
BTW this thread is gonna be
Misc-Lock.gif
. There should be a specific section in this forum where you can argue and flame, it feels good once in a while.
apokalipse said:
ATI calls it a Performance enhancement. it's not. it's making the video card do less, by automatically reducing AA.
making the video card do less to get better performance is cutting corners.
an actual performance enhancement is making the video card process faster

I'm saying that adaptive anti-aliasing does not make the card faster as such in OpenGL. the card is still as fast as before, but it is simply making the card do less by reducing image quality. therefore it is cutting corners.

003 said:
if you are in a small room where you would only need 2x AA to antialias the whole scene, then that is actually a very good idea because it would boost preformance without any loss in image quality, If you want to talk about cutting corners, then let's have a talk about Nvidia's anisotropic filtering. They cut some major corners on it, if you leave image quality at the default setting of "quality" in the nvidia drivers, you will notice a lot of texture shimmering with AF, and when you set image quality to higjh quality, the shimmering goes away, but at the cost of 10-30 fps depending on what game you are playing and what you are looking at.

I'm betting that the 7800GTX 512 will be better than the x1800XL. But ATi could ace nvidia if they release XT PE versions of their x1800 core in either the 256 or 512 mb. ATi can't seem to appeal to a more cheaper market cos the look of things that the 7800 GT's will cheap the market when prices level out.

Why can't they stick to creating decent single slot solutions, also why not revise SLI to have the same capacity of Crossfire to be able to handle the same core type but not the same model ie. 6800 SLIed with a 6800GT (that really pevs me how they could even be bothered doing that!!)

:mad:
C'est la vie!!! ( I think that's how it is spelt, oh well...)

Is it just me or is this place crowded with nvidia fanboys. ( I am of neither side of the field, whatever card can outperform another is what i go by, as either side provides decent driver support, and well it seems that games can be quite biased so your never gonna be happy...

wedge_00 said:

Is it just me or is this place crowded with nvidia fanboys. ( I am of neither side of the field, whatever card can outperform another is what i go by, as either side provides decent driver support, and well it seems that games can be quite biased so your never gonna be happy...

Well, only one major title has been designed for ATI cards, and thats Half Life 2. ATI usually gets foo-foo titles like Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, but I dont count those. Nvidia has almost every major title out right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom