Knowing CPU temp ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CompGeek06

Baseband Member
Is there a program to see what my CPU temputure is ? I have the HDD one but I was just wondering if there was one for the CPU.

It will tell you in the BIOS what the CPU temperatre is. You can get programs like motherboard monitor 5 to tell you in windows.

everest home edition is also very nice, there should be a program that comes with your mobo to monitor temps in windows

I rather have a 3rd Party Temperator Sensor.

Thermaltake Hardcano 13 or a
Silverstone Eudemon SST-FP52 Temperature and Fan Controller .

If you just want some one thing for TEMP and FAN Speed and not too expensive, the Silverstone Eudemon SST-FP52 is not too bad.

I just don't trust software or BIOS setting. I have seen them be wrong too many times.

Also, I can monitor it with out having to turn on the monitor.

I use SpeedFan when benchmarking to make sure my temps don't get too high. if you don't need it for continuous readouts and are just curious what the temp is, head to your BIOS cuz the temp is usually in there.

Thanks, I downloaded MBM 5. Its a little more than i wanted but its good. I think im going to do what Harper said. Thanks again.

EDIT:
I got Everest and i think im gonna stick with that.

CompGeek06 said:
Thanks, I downloaded MBM 5. Its a little more than i wanted but its good. I think im going to do what Harper said. Thanks again.

If you want some thing that is really customisable on temperators sencing, then go the hardcano. The big down fall for this item is that they are overpriced for what they do. RRP about AU$160.
However, if you like set your own alarm temps, (especially if you are cover clocking) then it's worthwhile.
It also monitors your fans speeds RPMs. And you can custom what speeds that you want your fans spinning at.

However if you just want some thing that is easy to install and set up, Silverstone Eudemon SST-FP52 Temperature and Fan Controller is really good. I only paid about AU$45 for my one. It monitors 3 fan and temp. sensors. And you can not adjust your alarm temp as it's hard coded into the unit.
There is not as much customisability on this unit, but some people will not find that as a priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom