Budget Gaming AMD Athlon XP Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, does my XP suck? Or will they become a rarity?

Not at all however newer CPU's are better, the Athlon XP remains quite competitive performance wise against those CPU's. The Athlon XP is AMD's first CPU that really gave Intel a run for its money.

YaY!! i have part of AMD's history!! sweeetness!

lol, you think xp's will ever like.. just curl up and die?

I'd say go with the Abit NF7-S revision 2.0. I have one right now, its never given me any problems at all, same as 4 of my friends. We all decided on the same board, and its the only computer part we have in common. I got it for 90$ when it came out, and now its only 60$!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127185

Probably the best 32 bit motherboard ever. I'm upgrading to 64 bit and it will be hard to say goodbye. Its not given me one problem in the like 2-3 years that I've had it. I've had a 2500+ and 3200+ bartons in it so I believe a 3000+ should work just fine. Its 4x/8x AGP, and onboard audio ROCKS.

People considered your less-stable asus more overclockable but this one alot more sturdy and dependable. They where rivals of their time, and you picked the wrong one :p

Yeah, i basicly got the same exact mobo, but i made mine the deluxe version, i got the same vid card, and i uped the cpu from a 2500 barton, to 3000 barton. But i got diff ram, psu, HD , and all that jazz. Now his pc runs just fine for games and what not. And its even on 98, while my mobo didnt like my ram psu and whatnot.

(i had a weird dream last night, i was working on my puter, and sudenly one of the RAM slots just fell of, rendering my pc useless, i need to get outdoors more often)

(i had a weird dream last night, i was working on my puter, and sudenly one of the RAM slots just fell of, rendering my pc useless, i need to get outdoors more often)

hahahaha, thats not a dream thats a nightmare.

Your not going to ever get a gaming rig out of an XP. Just go A64 they are **** near the same price. I would just buy new from newegg.com

Yes you can use that processor in a gaming rig nowadays still... It's powerful, the biggest downside is you are limited to AGP only graphics cards

Abit NF-7 gets my vote :)

Gee, thanks, ok, to bad i dont have a shit load of money to make the jump :) so ill just stick with my lowly XP, though it sucks, cause it does everything i need it to. And the 64, well hot dang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom