my floppy isn't workin :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

icanrace

Baseband Member
the light does not even light up. I have checked the connections and everything. The floppy is brand new. Any suggestions...

Stupid question, but did you use the right IDE connection (the one that has a twist in the cable right before the connector)?

Sounds like the floppy is a DOA.
Or some thing up with the floppy cable.

If you put the cable with the twist in it into the floppy drive the wrong way, then your Floppy Light will be Fully ON.

Make sure twist is towards floppy,make sure poweris on all pins (check pins) sometimes they get bent

ByTeDeMoN said:
Make sure twist is towards floppy,make sure poweris on all pins (check pins) sometimes they get bent

Lost count the number of times I have bent pins on the power connection. :rolleyes:

The only other thing that I can think off is to replace the FDD cable. Last year, I gutted and salvaged the P-200 Compaq Desktops. The floppy drive cable was priority on thoses, so I threw out all the floppy drives and cables as they were useless.

Next stupid question- you know that the drive requires a FDD cable and a floppy power cable from your power supply right?

If you have the power cable connected and still dont get a light when you pop a disk in it, it cant be an issue with the IDE- its dead.

Most likely DOA, if it is try a different brand. I have had good luck with Mitsumi and Sony myself.

rasputinj said:
Most likely DOA, if it is try a different brand. I have had good luck with Mitsumi and Sony myself.

Go for the sony over the Mitsumi. Lost count the number of Mitsumi drive (no.... ) products that I have seen come back for RMA.

We sell panasonics, and in the last 2 years, I've had 2 of them come back with geniue hardware faults. And we sell lots of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom