Time to do Something

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
Alright, I've been spending money like crazy, and I figured why not spend a few more bucks. Hah, the budget here is going to be $100.00 USD.

---

Current Specs are in my sig, I would love to upgrade anything. I need something new, I jus got a new sound card. I would definetly like some 5.1 Speakers or something because currently I'm running 5.1 Altec Lansing but I don't know where 3 are, I think there blown so I'm running a 2.1 system. I could really try to save a few more bucks if some speakers were to really catch my eye, but I really don't know.

---

Also, I think I am well over the requirements to start to overclock, I just don't know where to begin. Sure I've read the Tutorials, Guides, and some Threads on this forum. But I really just don't know how or what I'm doing. I'm afraid I'm going to ruin my system.

---

GFX Card, I am going to let IDLE for a few more months, new things are coming out and prices are dropping. I'm probably going to be waiting for 7800's to get a little cheaper.

---

OTHER THAN THAT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I SHOULD UPGRADE/BUY/SELL. Any help/ideas/thoughts would be EXCELLENT.

You will not ruin your system*

You can start by putting the HTT multiplier down to 4x, and lock the PCI lock, and while you are there put the system bus speed to 203 and go up in about 3mhz incrememts.

Spend that $100 on some nice speakers if you want to, but I barely ever use my 5.1 speakers, as they are soo annoyingly load, and lets be honest, music sounds crap when having it on quietly. Mine are also set up for DVD's to be played on my TV and not for my PC, so I am too far out of the sound field to enjoy music at my PC.

*if you are not soo stupid and put too much voltage through the CPU and also forget to check the temperatures.

Trifid said:
You will not ruin your system*

*if you are not soo stupid and put too much voltage through the CPU and also forget to check the temperatures.

ROFL. Nice dude. Yea I'm gonna go for some speakers I think.

The Overclocking guides on this forum need to be taken off and then re-posted in TF2, in my opinion. Far too complicated. They're supposed to be there to teach beginners, but they scare beginners away. OC Forums does a much better job. Read the following guides to learn to overclock. Read them in the order I post them;

Basic, yet informative Overclocking Guide. It pertains to bother AMDs and Intels so there will be some thing that apply to one but not the other.

This here will explain how your Athlon 64 works. I SERIOUSLY recommend reading this over and over again until you know everything in this 100%. It'll also make you sound smart when you're talking about overclocking with others.

And this here is for when you're ready to overclock. DON'T skip to this one because if you do, you won't understand crap about it.

Have fun. Its really hard to ruin your system from overclocking these days. Just make sure you don't do anything stupid, K? I suggest getting a nice headset with your budget.

Nice headset > Nice Speakers, when playing anything from Music to FPS.

TY, Flanker. Finally some understandable OC'ing guides. And a headset would definetly be worth it. Are there nice wireless ones or no? I would love wireless. But wireless prolly = shit for my taste.

003, I am saving my money, IN MY BANK for a GFX card, I have cash already put away for that, I'm just looking at something else right now. :)

lol, how old are you??

anyway, i have a nice 2:1 Altec Lansing system and i got it for $50 bucks... I'm blown away for how it sounds for the price.. it out performs my friends $200 dollar speakers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom