mystery drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's a alcohol virtual drive. back in the days people use to want to uninstall Instan cd/dvd virtual drive from their software. I would tell them to uninstall the raid driver and the virtual drive from device maager, then delete all traces of it (in that case VOBID) from the registry.

vaderpro you can try just uninstalling the drive as you don't have the software anymore

a similar method is probably how you will get rid of alcohol's virtual drive. I use the drive though, So I won't have to fumble around with cd's to install program. MS word for some reason won't let you install it from a setup file from the hard drive, but you can install it from an iso file mounted on a virtual drive.

AVX.jpg

EricB said:
it's a alcohol virtual drive. back in the days people use to want to uninstall Instan cd/dvd virtual drive from their software. I would tell them to uninstall the raid driver and the virtual drive from device maager, then delete all traces of it (in that case VOBID) from the registry.

vaderpro you can try just uninstalling the drive as you don't have the software anymore.

Thanks for the help. I have uninstalled it, (through device manager), but it keeps coming back upon rebooting. I have deleted all traces of Alcohol120 registry values..(at least I think I have.)

Warez Monster said:
check the registry for the extra drive...

Yeah, its there. I deleted it from the registry and uninstalled it from device manager, rebooted and it still came back.

Warez Monster said:
did it work?

No. It just disabled it, but it's still there. I mean, dont get me wrong, this isnt causing a "problem", its just a little annoying having this extra drive there that doesnt exist. Ive googled it, and its definately alcohol 120 related as Eric said, but why wont it go away?? Where else in the registry should I look?

Edit: Well its not showing up when I open "my computer" although it shows the disabled drive under device manager. Thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom