First of all, thanks for looking.

Here is my specs:

MOBO: K8V SE Delux
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3500+
GeForce 6800gt
HDD's: 2x Raptor 10k rpm, 37 gb each
Windows XP

My problem is this:

I was running RAID 0 through my Promise chipset with both HDD's and all was good. I was at the point of re-loading win xp (I clean house every 6 months). I blew out the partitions and deleted the Array (which I now know is a bad move). My problem is that I now can't reload windows xp once I re-established the array. The Windows XP disk says it can't load xp because it doesn't see the HDD. I have even deleted the array and just went to SATA. Durring boot mode, it detects the drives. And even in BIOS it detects the drives.

In the mobo user manual it states to build a SATA RAID 0, you need to start with new HDD's. So I'm wondering if I've corrupted the drives, or windows xp disk can't load or partition the drives because they once were an array.

I'm hoping their is a way that I can still use these drives.

Any help would be killer!

I'm dead in the water..... :(

yes, their is two sets.
1) VIA vt8237 SATA RAID (2 SATA connections on mobo)

2) Promise PDC20378 RAID Controler (2 RAID SATA connections on mobo).

Right now I have the HDD's set up on normal SATA. Durring boot up, it detects the two SATA drives. But when trying to partition drives and load win xp, it can't detect.

about the drivers, yes I have tried loading the FAST TRACK 378 drivers but still nothing.
I've actually just abandoned the idea of RAID at this point. I would be happy with windows noticing SATA drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom