My budget gaming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're definately correct, but there's a bigger price difference between the 66GT and the 68GS. But still, a very good upgrade that will easily give better performance.

also is this psu good?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817101513

I compared the amps:
E-Power:
+3.3v@26A
+5v@45A
+12v@28A
-5v@0.8A
-12v@1A
+5VSB@2.5A

Fortron:
+3.3v@22A
+5v@21A
+12V1@18A
+12V2@16A
-12v@0.3A
+5VSB@2A

Since I'm planning on getting a case with a window, the e-power would look better...
The main difference I see is the +5v and the Fortron has dual +12v...any help would be great. Thanks.

Yeah, the fact that the E-Power doesn't have the duel +12v is probably why the Fortron pulls ahead a bit.
But if you really wanted to, I seriously don't think you'll see much of a difference until you start overclocking or something.
My brother has the aspire 520w
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817148008
and he has had no problems with it; even with it not having the duel 12v

Yeah, about the cpu and vid card...I'm only saving $25 on the cpu, but it'll make it a little easier to devote the extra money to the 6800gs.

Here's yet another question:
I'm probably going to buy the Antec Super LanBoy case. I can get it at a good price. Is it a good case and is it big enough?

thanks again.

personaly, i wouldnt skimp out on a psu just cause of its looks, do that with a less important system component.... i also personaly totally prefer dual 12v.. so i would go with the fortune.

jolancer said:
save the $88 and just barrow a XP cd from a friend or something.

Or.. ya know, just pay the 90 bucks and not risk getting sued for 5 thousand :D

newcement said:
Since I'm planning on getting a case with a window, the e-power would look better...

Answer:
Originally posted by STE
Those power supplies that look sweet, that glow and flash and are brightly colored are that way for a reason, to sell, they make look awesome but as you will learn these power supplies are only this way cause just about everything else is bad, as in quality of parts, life span and efficiency. There are few power supplies that actualy are good preformers and look good. They are usally more expensive then people want which is why the cheap crappy ones that look so cool sell alot. Stay away from these power supplies unless they are made by the name brands I mentioned under good brand names.

This can be found in the link in my sig... read the sections you feel that you need to

Yeah, I had read that. But someone else had recommended this particular power supply to me, so decided to ask about it here.

Thanks for the help and advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom