Nlite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I figure out what your problem was warez. I was tinkering with the latest version and I see that they added new stuff.

I was thinking about you saying the you would insert your windows cd when the WFP error came up. sticking the window cd in kinda defeat the purpose of tweaking the cd as the windows cd will undo almost all of the changes that you made with Nlite. I always hit cancel and kept those unrecognizable versions which is why I didn't have problems

you need to check this SFC option under tweaks so you will stop having problems. you will never see the WFP error again. this option wasn't on my version of nlite

SFC.jpg

that was just one problem, the other problem was when i installed any program, and I mean any, i couldnt run them. It would come up and dissappear. But I could run any other program that was instaled with xp.

i use nLite all the time, only had a problem with it twice, i find that if i remove too many components the txt setup will either think its the wrong cd or just run like crap, so i just remove a few things and keep the rest, make an unattend install and tweak some stuff and done with it, everything works for me.

I would love to use this for work but i cant be having all these error messages and such for the users to deal with.

Warez Monster said:
I would love to use this for work but i cant be having all these error messages and such for the users to deal with.

you should get a dummy computer and keep playing with different configurations with nlite so you can fully understand it and properly configure it for you. that's what I did. I also didn't remove windows component although I tweaked some.

Well, I have told everyone here that I hate this program but it saved my ass this past week. My new XPS has sata hdd's with Media Center which doest work well because it cant connect to a domain unless tweaked. I just decided to blow it out and install xp pro. I copied the drivers to a cd before I did so. To make a long story short, there were 15 different drivers for the hdd and I had to integrate each one by one untill i found the correct one, i got lucky and found in on the sixth cd. It would install thru the floppy at all for some reason but it did when I integrated it using nlite. The only thing i did was integrate a driver and nothing else and it worked. So I like this program now but only for this reason. It still doesnt work well when you remove items, but this is fine for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom