Switching the right & left speakers over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalak

Solid State Member
Hello. I'm new here but have a slight problem with my speakers. The cable on the right speaker isn't long enough to reach round the back of my PC to go there, so instead I have to put the left speaker there.

This is annoying, well to me it is, because when I hear something coming out of the speaker on the right hand side (the left speaker) it isn't coming out of "the right hand side" if you see what I mean.

I'll explain what I actually mean better with an example.

Say I was on an First person shooter game, such as Halo or Half-life 2, and I hear footsteps coming out of the speaker on "my right hand side", I turn to face the direction of these footsteps but alas, because they were coming out of "right hand speaker" they were really on my left. Because the real right speaker can't strech around my moniter to actually be on my right I think the footsteps are on my right, when they are actually on my left.

This post, even to me who is typing it, is somewhat confusing, so I'll leave a quick conclusion to what I'm actually going on about.

My right speaker can't strech around my moniter to be on my right side. I have to put my left speaker in my right speaker's place because of this. So all I'm really asking is, does anyone know of a way or a program (or anything really) to change the left speaker to a right speaker and vice-versa.

Thanks.

Invert your mouse horizontally so you face the right way by accident.

No to be serious. What type of speakers are you using? I found this but Im not sure if its any help. http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/ Look under 'Mixer Settings.' I think that software is just for movie audio decoding, but that's all I could find. You need something that does that type of thing.

Welcome to TF btw

Invert your mouse horizontally so you face the right way by accident.

Glad to see theres a sense of humour on these forums. :)

No to be serious. What type of speakers are you using? I found this but Im not sure if its any help. http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/ Look under 'Mixer Settings.' I think that software is just for movie audio decoding, but that's all I could find. You need something that does that type of thing.
Welcome to TF btw

After looking there and scratching my head many a time, I have come to the conclusion that I don't understand what they're on about, well not much. I understand some of it but it sounds too complicated.

you can get an extension cable

I'm lazy but that would work....

I think I'll stick with it for now, even if I did manage to switch the speakers with a magic button I'd have to/want to know how I could switch them back. It doesn't bother me that much. I'll probably get an extension cable in the end, as it is the more permanent solution.

Thanks for the relpies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom