Finding a Graphic Card Temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey_eater

Solid State Member
Mostly out of curiosity,
I have a Gigabyte FX5500, codename: NV34B
Wondering if there any way to find itÂ’s temperature via software?

Also my AMD Athlon 1800+ is idle at about 50 C and get up to 62 – 65 c it this a bad thing, do I need a cooler, cooling device.

Thanks, all

Try in nVidia Drivers

In Windows, go
Display Properties --> Setting --> Advanced --> GeForce FX 5500 --> Temperature Setting

See attached screen shot

Monkey_eater said:
Also my AMD Athlon 1800+ is idle at about 50 C and get up to 62 – 65 c it this a bad thing, do I need a cooler, cooling device.

Get yourself a better Heat Sink and Fan. Some think like the thermaltake volcano 13.
Also make sure there is some thermal paste on the CPU. Most quality HSF come with some thermal paste.

And if you are up for some modding, there is the Badong Super Charge CPU Cooler Ducting Mod. I have used them, and I have been MORE THAN HAPPY with the temperature difference that they make.
http://badongshop.cafe24.com/front/php/product.php?product_no=12&main_cate_no=29&display_group=1

Also does your case have any case fans on them. Good Air Flow makes a big difference.

Don't think Nvidia cards got temp sensors until GeForce 6 (6200).
Yeah, as harpers pointed out, it was before the 6xxx series...believe it actually started in the FX 5700 series although my FX 5700 256mb didn't have it....I remember seeing beforehand they said it was the 5700 ultras, buuuut I've seen a few people with regular 5700's say it had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom