Nlite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyler1989 said:
wrong thread horndude?

No, not really, you'd be suprised at the similarities between different OS's, a computer is a computer. Im just poking around learning stuff about windows. Alot of things are the same, just different names and a slightly different way of doing the same thing.

Its been awhile since Ive used windows, quit in 2000 and was using win98 then, it had the same headaches it has now it seems, reinstalls were a regular thing, that and buggy video drivers.

Warez Monster said:
yea but its fun to me. plus i like to have a sleek and clean os for about 2 months at the longest..

how big is a basic windowXP install these days?1GB, 2GB, more?Less?

I know win98 was like 240mb plus another 300mb minimum just to be able to most average things, how big has it gotten? A full boat linux install with 7 browsers, 6 or 7 window managers(GUI's) and apps to do everything runs about 3GB these days, which I think is crazy, but thats just me probably.

2 months !!!? Oh gawd, that would get old quick, I leave my machines on for years or until a power failure happens LOL.

if I went to your machine if you had xp, I would find something wrong, fix it, then reinstall it for the hell of it. what else am i gonna do at 2 in the morning?

Warez Monster said:
if I went to your machine if you had xp, I would find something wrong, fix it, then reinstall it for the hell of it. what else am i gonna do at 2 in the morning?

that's how I learned to fix computers

dont worry, thats pretty universal, I like to tinker and fix stuff that may or may not be broken at the time too :D best way to learn is hands on

I spent 3hrs today trying to find out why one freakin app wasnt working right when I upgraded it to the latest and greatest only to find out it was one stupid little switch I didnt set when I recompiled one of its dependencies.........shyte happens sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom