Draining the PSU ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shumway

Fully Optimized
Anyone know of a way to drain all the power from a psu? I'm going to be sleeving and adding another fan to my psu,Last time i opened 1 up i got 1 hell of a zap and don't want it to happen again :D

just leave it unplugged.

caps will eventually drain themselves, but of course you could also turn it into a test PSU by making a connection between the correct wires in the main power connector a flipping on the switch with it NOT plugged into the wall...that'll surely drain it.

If you don't know what I mean just look up 'test psu'

better yet go to www.casemodgod.com, the modding 101 section and check out their 'test psu' part

what I do is unplug it, then with it still in the PC, press the power button of the PC. you'll see the PC start working for a split second, then fade really quickly. that means the PSU is draining.

yeah but I don't like zapping power to my components for a brief second....that can't be good for them stress wise

if he just uses a paperclip to turn it into a test PSU, unplug it, and put a fan on it, it'll do the same thing without worrying about any other components.

apokalipse i'm pretty sure that's what i did with my other psu a while back,There was still enough power to give me one hell of a shock,Dam thing left my arm hurting and tingling for a full day :p

Shumway said:
apokalipse i'm pretty sure that's what i did with my other psu a while back,There was still enough power to give me one hell of a shock,Dam thing left my arm hurting and tingling for a full day :p

Zap yourself more and it won't hurt as much. I can barely notice when I electrocute myself anymore because I do it soo much.

I just turn the PC on while not plugged in, usually works for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom