Nlite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, how many installs and reinstalls of windows do you guys do? Seems to be a regular deal, Im constantly hearing of people having to do this. Doesnt that get pretty monotonous and waste alot of time?

I do it constantly but today I just wanted to see if I could find an automated install such as Nlite, it would be perfect but the programs sucks and it would not be a wise choice in a network enviro.

Not really. with my custom made nlite disc. it takes me 15-20 minutes to reinstall windows on my amd 3500 1 gig ram machine 500 gig HDD machine. I also have all of my drivers installed already, so it isn't no big deal with me

Previously before I had n lite, after I would install XP, I have to get my mobo driver disc, my scanner disc, My nvidia NVTV hardware encoder disc, my oki data C5100 network printer disc, my ipod disc and my digital camera disc. that was a time consuming process

thats the best thing about it..its takes a very short time for a full unattened install which is awesome

Warez Monster said:
I do it constantly but today I just wanted to see if I could find an automated install such as Nlite, it would be perfect but the programs sucks and it would not be a wise choice in a network enviro.

I have my xp pro disc set up exactly like this. I stick it in and boot from. I wait for it to get to the install screen so I can set the partitions. I set the partition and leave. I don't type in anything else

I come back 15-45 minutes later the machine has xp on it. it also has my network name so I can immediately access software from my main computer to install on it. I set the comp name to your computer. I usually change it later to the person's name

N-lite is a life saver for me. I now have an automated process which makes fixing people's computers easier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom