Ahhhh!! Please Help Me Asap!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fully Optimized
Please help me I have a really retarded problem. The other day when I turned off my PC, nothing was wrong and everything was in working order. Then when I turned it back on later, I noticed the screen was flickering and any animations (like scrolling) were very choppy. I went into display properties, and low and behold, my video drivers were gone ant it was using the default VGA driver.

I was like WTF, this has never happened before!! So I go to install the 81.84 nvidia drivers, when I get a little message that they are already installed! WTF?? I go into device manager and look under display adapters, and the NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Series GPU has a yellow exclamation mark next to it. What the F*UCK?? I right click on it hit properties, and then under device status, it says This device cannot start. (Code 10). Now I 'm really getting pissed off, because when I last shut down the PC, there was not a single thing wrong with it, and this has never happened before. So I uninstall the nvidia display drivers and restart the PC. Then I reinstall them, and the installation goes successfully. Then I restart the PC again, and everything sems to be back to normal, but just to be sure, I fire up UT2004, and Direct3D it worked just as it should. Next I fired up F.E.A.R., and it worked just as it should.

Ok, as the final test to make sure everything was back to working order, I restarted the PC once more, low and behold when it restarted, the screen was flickering again. I quickly log on and check the device manager, and the 6800 series GPU has a little yellow exclamation mark next to it again!!! WTF IS GOING ON HERE?! I can uninstall the driver and reinstall it and it works, but if I restart the PC, something happens and I have to do it all over again!!! WTF?!?! Please help me I am going insane!! I don't have any viruses, I have the latest version of NOD32 with the latest definitions, and I did a full system scan with advanced heuristics enabled, and it didn't find anything! Then I scanned the system with the latest version of Ad-Aware and the latest definitions, and again, it didn't find anything!!! Please help me!!! :(

unistall that driver and install version 77.77 (the ms certified one). also make sure that your card is seat correctly. I have this problem on my media center edition of xp. but closing the program out and restarting it will fix the problem on my PCI Express nvidia card

vaderpro said:
Maybe your video card is on its way out....
Thats what I'm afraid of. and Eric I don't have Windows XP media center, I have XP Pro.

003 said:
Thats what I'm afraid of. and Eric I don't have Windows XP media center, I have XP Pro.

I know. I was just trying to tell that maybe stop what program you are using and restarting it might fix it. My card is a brand new pci express. my agp cards never exhibit this behavior.

Nvidia is notorious for making fragile drivers. so I would uninstall the latest ones and install the 77.77 which were tested by MS to see if that isn't the problem

also take the card out and reseat it back in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom